Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 22, 2014

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 22, 2014

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 22, 2014

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
=

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 30, 2015

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 22, 2014

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 25, 2014

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 26, 2014

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Can someone explain to me how this sovereign citizen gets off scot-free and is able to continue driving his car without having a driver's license or car registration?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nd25-skzxY

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 11, 2018

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I hosed this one up. The only reason the title was in my name was because my dad did not want to be awkward about it.

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Aug 3, 2018

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I hosed this one up. The only reason the title was in my name was because my dad did not want to be awkward about it.

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 3, 2018

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 3, 2018

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Not a troll. This is pretty much all I asked for so I have no further questions.

e: quick question, what does Bahrain got to do with this?

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
OK because I am currently in Bahrain until June/July. The chances anyone could guess where I am at or be related to that island in this circumstance is 1 in a billion. I was freaking out how you found out and I dug through my post history only to find no mention of Bahrain. I had to double check you weren't some mod who checked my IP.

So yeah, Bahrain does have something to do with it.

I uploaded a copy of my Bahraini driver's license as proof.

Not a troll, just fit the profile.

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 2, 2016

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Aug 3, 2018

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I hosed this one up. The only reason the title was in my name was because my dad did not want to be awkward about it.

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 3, 2018

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What would the laws be for Level 5 Full-Self Driving and being under the influence of alcohol/drugs?

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What level self driving is the one that Elon is touting will come in mid-2020?

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-tesla-car-drive-itself-across-the-country-2019-3

quote:

"I think we will be feature-complete full self-driving this year, meaning the car will be able to find you in a parking lot, pick you up, take you all the way to your destination without an intervention — this year," Musk said in an interview with ARK Invest. "I would say that I am certain of that. That is not a question mark."

And

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/23/20929529/tesla-full-self-driving-release-2019-beta

quote:

Musk previously estimated that by the middle of 2020, Tesla’s autonomous system will have improved to the point where drivers will not have to pay attention to the road. The company also plans to roll out autonomous taxis in some parts of the US. The service will allow Tesla owners to add their cars to a Tesla network, which he said would be akin to Uber or Airbnb.

In the call, Musk said even as the company begins to activate a feature-complete version of its FSD feature to early access members, it won’t mean the car will be fully full self-driving. Drivers will need to stay engaged until the end of 2020 at the earliest, Musk said.

What happens at the end of 2020?

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 29, 2020

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

blarzgh posted:

At present most DUI statutes are phrased something to the effect of "Operating a Motor Vehicle while intoxicated" and I'd be confident that 1) they'd still prosecute and win under that definition, even if the car was fully self driving and, more to your question 2) there is no real incentive for legislatures to bend over backwards to write in an exception for self-driving cars any time soon.

Even these cars will have driver override, and who here can't imagine some rear end in a top hat gets in and passes out, unbuckled, slumps over the steering wheel yanking the car into oncoming traffic or drops his foot on the gas pedal, etc.

Perhaps in a true-"FSD" mode, the intoxicated driver would sit in the front passenger seat, preventing him for slopping over the controls. And in that case, he's a passenger and not the driver of the vehicle.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If someone sues you, and you win, in most cases you can have the opposing party pay your attorney fees.

If the State brings criminal charges against you, and you win, do you think the State should reimburse your attorney costs? This will undoubtedly result in less trials, convictions, incarceration and more plea deals. Would you support such a measure?

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

most states have PDs which makes the question moot.

Also, RIP.

Aren't there some cases where one might have to pay a fee for a public defender depending on your financial declaration?

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Leperflesh posted:

Hey Starpluck, you were un-perma'd by Lowtax who used the admin panel, and consequently you still have a permaban av & title which is confusing. Let an admin know if you'd like a different av (or you can buy yourself one for five bucks).

Yeah I would like a different avatar. I fear that my current one would make Mods more disposed to ban me for violations, and if so, permanently.

Kazinsal posted:

Nah, Lowtax hasn't had keys for like a year at this point, so it would have been some time in 2020 or earlier even.

Unbanning me was Lowtax's final dying wish.

EDIT: blah blah schizo schizo shizo ok I just chose this post because Lowtax was not given a fair shake. Admit it, everyone was too scared to suggest the posssiblity of another side arising because of the internet mob etc.

Did CNN fake footage of 'Palestinians dancing in the street' after the terrorist attack on the USA? (https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/false-footaging/) This is a matter of debate guys. We must appreciate Israel for their complexity right? Look how long that Snope article is. The article I l just inked above on whether CNN is an Israeli creation is about 10 pages long, has citations and is a matter of great debate. I think we should come back to this and explore this topic.

Why is this forum something awful? It is because if someone linked you to a website titled like this, would you click on it?

On a different matter, on planets we do not usually reveal what the "barbarian" race is out of genuine compassion, but once the false flag is raised to the height it is now, we are left with no choice. We generally want to wait until the planet has "matured."

But guys, 20% of all Nobel Laureates are Jewish. Why am I saying this? Because if we want to eradicate antisemitism, we have to accept some harsh truths. If you are dancing around the topic out of fear of being labeled an antisemitism, you may be an antisemite.

Compare the Arab population to the Jewish population. All that pooled into one race and is this is the height of their Golden Age!

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 3, 2021

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
When I download software, I am sometimes prompted confirming I do not live in Syria, Iran, DR Congo, North Korea etc. and cannot use the software if I do. How can Twitter provide services to the Iranian government if they are sanctioned?

Standard TOS from different software posted:

In addition, by using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not (a) an individual, organization or entity organized or located in a country or territory that is the target of OFAC sanctions (including Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, or the Crimea region of Ukraine); (b) designated as a Specially Designated National or Blocked Person by OFAC or otherwise owned, controlled, or acting on behalf of such a person; (c)

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 16, 2021

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The Supreme Court has taken another recess...

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Let's talk about disability and welfare.

If a highly intelligent person is disabled by no fault of his own, but can demonstrate that their original [non-disabled] state would yield them $100 million a month, how likely is such a case like that to advance to and beyond the Supreme Court?

Do not worry how it can be demonstrated, assume it can be. Do not worry about the $100 million figure as that's not supposed to make a difference in this legal question.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

smackfu posted:

That question is uselessly vague. What exact program do you think they would be eligible for? “Welfare” is not a specific thing.

The federal (+state) limit for Social Security Income in California is around $974 a month.

What I am asking is that if you can prove not just that you merely spend more money than that much per month, but can prove that you would actualy make $100 million a month in wages if it weren't from your non-fault disability, would this hold water in a federal or above court?

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don’t think you have much of an understanding of the social security disability system. They would not pay extra because someone lost earning potential. No appeals of such a denial would be entertained because it is a meritless question.

You sue the person that injured you for lost earnings. State provided disability is just enough for you to live on. It doesn’t actually provide enough to live on.

The reason I asked is because an online university I go to does offer disability "accommodations," but none would fulfill my problems. I need more concentration power, not "more time during exams" or "audio recording in class/offline." I am just stunned that even though no accommodation available can meet my needs, I am given no assistance when I try to remedy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My final question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtLTmg2vCzY

Following the legal claims that claim that President Trump is not allowed to block people on Twitter, is there a legal case with the fact the above LIBRARY-government agency's video restricts public comments?

EDIT: △

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 7, 2021