Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

www.amazon.com
Nov 5, 2012
Just a couple of months ago I was charged for an ambulance ride that I refused to take. I did end up taking the ambulance ride but was physically forced into it all the while stating that I refuse any medical treatment. After I got the bill I had called up the county ambulance service and they told me to send in a letter to dispute the charge. I got back a probably form letter saying they don't give a poo poo along with another copy of the bill. Just within the past couple days I got another letter saying they would refer it to collections if I didn't pay. The call to the ambulance was made my a cop after I called them to report an assault. This is in North carolina. specifically wake county.

Just sort of looking for what sort of viable options exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

www.amazon.com
Nov 5, 2012
That would be a good reply if I wasnt handcuffed and forcibly put into an ambulance. Thanks A lot

www.amazon.com
Nov 5, 2012
Maybe the crux of the issue is weather i had the ability to refuse. but how bad off do you have to be to be unable to refuse. having full memory of the incident I was never incapacitated. It's not like I was incoherent during any of the time. A friend was with me also saying that I was fine. The cop showed up like 30 minutes after i called them. obviously I was not in imminent harm after all of that time waiting. My thing is that the law clearly states that a competent person has every right to refuse treatment. when and how did they prove that I was not competent to refuse. I had a person, (my mom) on the way to pick me up. And my friend saying I was fine. and the dude that hit me wasn't all that severe. it more so just pissed me off because he was a junkie and I didn't feel like dealing with that poo poo hanging out with my non junkie friend.

I do appreciate your insight from an outside party to put things in perspective. even if it wasn't what I was hoping to hear.

After I got to he hospital, A bill which I am also disputing, I left right after I got there on refusing medical treatment. I was forcibly admitted because of the ambulance ride but never received any treatment. for anything. at this point I only make about 4-500 bucks a month since my hours have been cut for the winter time. work at a bike shop. I am still covered on my moms insurance but the co pays still work out to about 800 for both the ER and whambulance use.

www.amazon.com fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 3, 2014

www.amazon.com
Nov 5, 2012
The cop placed my hands behind me back to search me before placing me in the ambulance. My friend was waiting with me in front of his place in order to meet the cop with me. the cop would no talk to him and told him to go inside. they took cuffs off just prior to strapping me down on the foldable bed. but for while I was unsure on whether the cop was saying they were holding me or whether I was free to go. while waiting for the ambulance to come I remember the cop telling me I was NOT free to get up and leave

www.amazon.com fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 3, 2014

www.amazon.com
Nov 5, 2012
Nothing out of the ordinary happened as far as I can say. I explained what happened. IE retard tried to hit me from behind then I went and hid/hungout in my friends room until the dude left. Told them I had 3-4 drinks that night. The cop asked me what where probably standard questions to see if I knew what was going on. non of which I can say i didn't know the answer to. IE. what is the date and other commonly known things. The cop was a real rear end in a top hat to my friend. he tried to say what was going on and whatnot but she told him to get away and to just go back inside.

she got this real stick up her rear end in the way of you just feel off to me, like I'm convinced you are slightly sluring words or basically anything she could think of. even if I was drunk off my rear end it wouldn't be a medical necessity for anything to happen. except I wasn't close to being really drunk or anything. I just can't think of why this would happen.

www.amazon.com fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 3, 2014