Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Cthulhuite posted:

That's the thing, the landlord won't let us break the lease and legally he's under no obligation to do so, he's telling us we need to sublet/reassign.

If your company is moving you, why aren't they paying to break your lease?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
For the third time, what does your employer have to say?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Well unfortunately for them that is literally the cost of moving you. Tell them the situation, they'll either have a lawyer look into it or recommend one.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

:agreed:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

same

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Coffee And Pie posted:

I agree, I made a mistake by speeding, and I made another mistake listening to my parents advice to plead not guilty. I fully admit to being stupid. I didn't get the advice from TV or anything like that, though, I got it from people I trusted (one of whom is a retired cop) and apparently they were wrong, and now I'm on the verge of a panic attack because I need my car to get to work.

I've poo poo this thread up enough, I'm just going to try to change my plea and hope for the best; I've learned my lesson.

Please start exercising better judgement

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Old Man Pants posted:

One of the security guys at my work fell asleep on the job, and while this may sound foreign to many of you, I work in a Gentlemens club, and the staff is allowed to have a drink or two in moderation. He had a couple that day and now my GM is not allowing him to have any drinks ( which really isn't a big deal), but the real issue is the GM is telling everyone from managers to staff to dancers (dancers are not employees) that he thinks the security guy "has a drinking problem" and "doesn't need him passing out upstairs again". I've known this dude a while, and have went and had a couple beers with him outside of work, and he is a big dude who could prob put a 6 pack away with only a slight buzz, and he more than likely just fell asleep because they overwork their security guys. Is there any legal repercussion my manager could face? It very much seems like grounds for a defamation case to me, but those seem like they are incredibly difficult to prove

How dumb are you? Why would the idea of a strip club having employees be "a foreign concept" to anyone?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

sullat posted:

Well, the stripper that I did taxes for was an independent contractor that, surprise surprise, didn't receive 1099s. Dunno if that is traditional or not, but I figured that they operated on the contractor model as much as possible. Next time I go to one, I will ask them whether or not they are wage employees or independent contractors and whether or not their employer submits 1099s to the IRS and SSA, and suggest that they contact the SSA to make sure these earnings appear on their social security statements.

Thank you, Donny. How in the gently caress is that relevant to the discussion at hand.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Ya ok you are right

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I wish shekels were the name of currency everywhere

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

just let him go to jail; sounds like they'd take better care of him than you are

ouch

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Tell me more about the illegal crustaceans.

*uses red marker to turn dilz into lobster tail*

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

NancyPants posted:

I'm on board with the principle of due process and it doesn't seem right that so many places just use traffic tickets to generate revenue, seems like incentive to not follow process.

That said, people who seek out guides like this are not your 10-20mph over-on-the-freeway speeders, they are always the reckless assholes. Dudes like the Mustang driving Tapout poster that blew past me doing 90 in a 50 yesterday, or the street racing shithead who killed a girl I worked with a few weeks ago, really deserve to go out Paul Walker-style, just not taking innocent people with them.

I love how these guys can spend so much time and effort trying to beat speeding tickets instead of taking their stupid lovely cars to the track where people actually give a poo poo about racing. Oh man, totally smoked Joe Blow commuter in his Corolla over here, he's just trying to get some tacos but I am soooooo cool and virile, doing something everyone does literally every day, just recklessly fast (in a v6 automatic because I can't suck dick and shift at the same time).

Walker wasn't driving

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I know what to do when your bridge collapses in Texas or your ferry runs aground. Does that help?

Yes but unfortunately I was piloting my ferry down the Brazos when a bridge collapsed on it and caused me to run aground. Do you make house calls.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Like, your sixteenth argument. But do day she snuck by your mailbox like a thief in the night.

Like a sneak thief.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Haha oh man the police officer in the ER is filling the lulls watching sovcits getting wrecked. No P Barnes yet, though : (

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
O Henry writing the exam now

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
My favorite thing about Philadelphia is that tv lady who told a bouncer to lick her rear end with her excellent accent.

Gritty is a close second.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Parody is considered fair use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

euphronius posted:

You don’t need Johnnie Cochran for 99.9% if the legal issues a normal person runs across.

What percentage of people need a Jackie Chiles?