Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
I thought one couldn't transfer property to themselves... Was I not paying attention in property class when they said you could?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
Likely not. Even just getting yourself to Jersey to contest the charge will cost you that much.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.

JudicialRestraints posted:

For laughs sake, could he get diversity on this?

It's been a bit since Civ Pro, but I think so. I'd love to be in the Courthouse when those papers are filed. :)

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.

Busy Bee posted:

1) The DJ is supposed to be a one year period, where after that period is done and my friend has not been convicted of any crimes, his record is wiped clean. However, according to this site (http://criminal.lawyers.com/Criminal-Law--Procedure-FAQ.html) it says, "While the defendant is free to say he's never been convicted of a crime, the guilty plea could have possible future ramifications. For example, deferred judgments are counted in computing a defendant's criminal history score under the federal sentencing guidelines." What does that mean?

2) If someone does search his record within that year, what will show up? According to him, he says that on his record it will say that these felony charges will be pending, and upon completion of his jail time and a year of being clean, everything will be wiped clean. Is that the case?

3) What are the terms of traveling while you have a deferred judgment?

4) Within that one year period, and if my friend is filing an application where it asks him, "Have you ever been convicted of any crime," will he have to say Yes?

Thank you.

1) The Federal Sentencing Guidelines are a system that recommends an increase or decrease of a sentence for a federal crime based on many factors. Prior history is one of them. The CJ is apparently another.

2, 3 & 4) State law issue I think. Have him ask whoever has to supervise him about these.