Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
BBC Scotland have made a programme called called The Scheme which is basically a fly on the wall documentary about people on a housing estate in Kilmarnock. It is a real life shameless and is very hosed up indeed. My favourite part is the mother lying in bed smoking a fag using language like oval office whilst her 5 year old daughter is totally running late for school. Classy.

Available on iPlayer:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sj713/The_Scheme_Episode_1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

BobFossil posted:

Love this kinda stuff, thanks for sharing.
The second episode was shown last night and it was just as juicy. Alas due to legal reasons they can't broadcast any more episodes for the near future - someone featured in the 3rd and 4th episodes is up in court on a serious charge!

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

BobFossil posted:

I know, I found out I could get BBC Scotland and watched it.

What a clusterfuck!

Poor Bullet the dog :(
The sad thing about Bullet is that the vet did say he was very well looked after and had a lovely personality. I felt sorry for his owner even if he was a drugged up mess, he did really seem to care about the dog. I think he is the most popular dog in scottish history.

It was even on the newspaper boards outside newsagents this morning about the Scheme being cancelled. Highly unusual for a documentary to make morning headlines.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Twisted Echidna posted:

Wonders of the Solar System (I really enjoyed this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta0_7g8_fB8&feature=related

This entire series is totally awesome. Even if I didn't find the science interesting I'd still watch it. Brian Cox makes me wet.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Last nights Storyville on BBC Four was great, it was about some teenagers who fled a very creepy cult in Utah. They were nice kids I'm glad they got away :unsmith:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00szwgj/Storyville_20102011_Leaving_the_Cult/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

nowning posted:

Madness in the Fast Lane
This is unmissable. The story just got more and more bizarre throughout. Crazy swedish twins make for very interesting documentaries.