Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Finally watched Overnight. Holy poo poo is Troy Duffy human garbage. Is the normal reaction to this is wanting everyone in the film to have something horrible happen to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

He still maintains it's an editing job that screwed him and in some instances that might be true (It's not quite the Billy Mitchell hatchet job in King of Kong) but there's plenty of instances where they point the camera at him and he just says the most ridiculous things or generally acts like an rear end in a top hat. He's so thoroughly unlikeable that he makes Harvey Weinstein seem decent. To that end I wonder how he acted on the sequel, from what I understand it wasn't all that different.

He was a brash rear end in a top hat without the talent to back it up. I don't hate Boondock Saints like some people do, I think it's just OK, but it's best remembered as just being one of those post Tarantino films that came out at that time.

The directer said that he edited out a bunch of homophobic and racist stuff. Not shocking seeing his movie and they did let a little antisemitism sneak in.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Herzog eats his shoe and Burden of Dreams are so good. You get a lot of great Herzog moments and see how insane that shoot was. Herzog eats is shoe is just another example of the lengths that he will go to when it comes to his word. If he says he is going to do it, if will happen.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

coyo7e posted:

Not super surprising Herzog got in and had little trouble, The Kim dynasty is nothing if not really, really into movies and filmography and well-known, award-winning directors https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Abduction_of_Shin_Sang-ok_and_Choi_Eun-hee
I imagine that someone with the brand recognition of Herzog would probably get carried around on a litter with a squad of soldiers following them around to make sure no civilians get too close and let their smell rub off on him.

Or he uses some skills he teaches in his film school - forging filming permits