Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

APPLE IS A SHIT COMPANY GOD I WISH THEY WOULD JUST GO DIE OR SOMETHING JEEZ

BattyKiara posted:

What was it like to have a strong pacifist belief during WW1? Is there more than one way to be a hero? How do we remember those who could not compromise their religious beliefs with killing an enemy? Ian Hislop investigates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na_qVy_Nl-4

This was great !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

The digital revolution of the last decade has unleashed creativity and talent in an unprecedented way, with unlimited opportunities. But does democratized culture mean better art or is true talent instead drowned out? This is the question addressed by PressPausePlay, a documentary film containing interviews with some of the world's most influential creators of the digital era.

You can download it legally via torrent, but you can also decide to buy it on iTunes. It is really good.

https://www.presspauseplay.com

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

adamj1982 posted:

It took me taking many breaks to finish it, but I finally did. I seen some terrible poo poo, but the last 5 minutes is the worst I have ever seen. Which brings me to my question.
Does anyone know of any good documentaries about troops returning from WWII and their mental states and difficulties? I suppose it doesn't have to be about WWII, anything taking a look at combat PTSD would be interesting

Edit - Thanks El Goatherd, I'm watching that now

That is some terrible video footage. At the end the narator says "This was back in Belgium". Does any of you war experts know exactly where in Belgium ? Whatever happened to the mass graves ?

Absolutely sickening, I cried the entire time and I too have seen some terrible poo poo on the internet.