Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

I'll definitely have a lot to watch in the coming weeks, this is awesome.

A good documentary if you want to look at how animals are treated in society, but want to leave out the crazy PETA poo poo, look at the documentary Earthlings. It's very powerful and doesn't sugar coat anything. Be careful though, We saw this with an entire class, and there wasn't a person who wasn't crying. You might even become a vegitarian for a while, I did.

possibly :nms: if you have a heart.
http://www.earthlings.com/

So is my video out of sync or is the narration just poorly timed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I got through the chicken part but the out of sync poo poo gives me a headache.

Also for everyone not being able to make it through the trailer, Shake Hands with the Devil is much harder to watch than Earthlings.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

HipGnosis posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who couldn't make it all the way through.

I am a vegetarian because my thoughts about meat have always been, "If I couldn't kill an animal myself, I shouldn't be eating it." And I probably couldn't kill an animal, even if was in a humane-non-skinning-alive way.

Do you grow and harvest all your vegetables and fruits?

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
It was lame that he didn't play the audio of the attack in Grizzly Man.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Tohokai you need your old av back.

Anyone know if it's possible find that HBO documentary Talked to Death (about talk shows)? I've never been able to find it, but I've wanted to watch it since I saw it on TV back in the day.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Spiderjelly posted:

If you've never seen Pumping Iron, you should. It's a documentary about competitive body building starring Arnold Schwarzenegger back when he was Mr. Olympia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdE1C6NaT5Q

This is literally the best documentary ever made. Nay the best film ever made.

mrfart posted:

Amazing really.
I'm shocked at the racism in these days.
I mean, I knew it was bad, but not THAT bad.

...Jack Johnson died in 1946.

Nuke Goes KABOOM fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 16, 2010

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Bliggers- posted:

Everyone seems to think China is just going to rape Africa like everyone else did (example: buying farmland by the country) but the Chinese see Africa as one massive opportunity that has been ignored for FAR too long. Sure, they have a bit of a learning curve when it comes to corporate ethics and environmental responsibility, but they actually GET poo poo DONE. China does need Africa's natural resources but the larger, long-term concern is to dramatically raise the economic power of ordinary Africans so they can buy more Chinese goods.

In a few short years, many Africans will be driving Chinese cars (built by Africans in domestic plants) on new roads engineered by Chinese contractors (and built by African workers) to go to work in modern buildings designed by Chinese architects.

So China's America now.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Tohokai posted:

I can't recommend this documentary enough, American Radical: The Trials of Norman Finkelstein

Really, watch it.

Wow what a shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
He hates Jews and gays so that doesn't surprise me too much.