Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tactical Grace
May 1, 2008
Any good documentaries on the Russian revolutions/civil war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tactical Grace
May 1, 2008
What's the documentary about the Aikido (or some sort of Japanese stick fighting) test that only one person passes a year?

Tactical Grace
May 1, 2008

Tactical Grace posted:

What's the documentary about the Aikido (or some sort of Japanese stick fighting) test that only one person passes a year?

Found it!

It was actually Kendo.

Tactical Grace
May 1, 2008

outlier posted:

Watched - or tried to watch - Leviathan, the recent acclaimed documentary about the sea.

I sometimes put it on as I go to sleep, I find the narrationless sounds of the sea soothing.

But I keep having these weird euphoric dreams where I'm a fish swimming to the bottom of the sea, I have this conversation with a murky silhouette of tentacles in an alien language and then I wake up covered in seaweed and ownerless body parts.

Tactical Grace
May 1, 2008

Shiny Llama posted:

Are there any good documentaries on Prince that were actually finished and released?
The only stuff I can find seems to be guys talking about how they were planning on making one but were denied by the man himself.

The BBC broadcast this radio documentary Hunting for Prince's Vault yesterday. Haven't listened myself yet.

Tactical Grace
May 1, 2008
Any recommendations for a documentary on the Spanish civil war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tactical Grace
May 1, 2008
I stumbled upon this short documentary on Hanley bus station, which I found fascinating. If nothing else it's worth watching for the lady at 4:55 - genius.