Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

Zwabu posted:

OK, I read up on this. I actually thought it was ok to use MAME for some of this, although maybe I remembered it wrong and it's just an issue where they keep MAME records separately. MAME is pretty cool by the way.

From what I understand, a lot of it is due to personal submissions that could utilize the emulator for cheating (I'm still okay with using MAME or emulators, personally). There was a piece I read that alleged that it was likely that Mitchell used the emulator to make random factors swing his way. The kind of randomness that was alluded to in that King of Kong clip where "You can have a bad run" such as how barrels generate or enemy patterns/items popping on screen. I'm not familiar with the intricacies of Donkey Kong enough to know how the gamble/core loop works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

precision posted:

I never did see it, I just remember thinking it didn't sound good, but that was probably 10-15 years ago. Having just looked it up, I'm now confused because I could have sworn Part 3 was about gangster rap, not homeless punk kids, so I'll give it a watch.

e: holy poo poo, Spheeris directed Wayne's World hahaha

3 is definitely worth a watch, especially given how it follows up 1 and 2.