Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I was wondering if anyone here could help me locate a documentary I saw a few years ago. I don't remember any names, but it was about a gigantic ore transporter that capsized and sank with all hands lost somewhere in southeast Asia (I think) during extremely foul weather. The documentary followed investigators trying to find out why exactly it sank, and there was also interviews with next of kin who I think mostly came from some small village in England. I think they finally concluded that the sinking had something to do with an access hole having been torn open in the storm which had allowed swell to gradually fill up the interior of the ship until it got so heavy it sank.

If anyone could help me track down this documentary then that would be awesome, because it was really good and I've been wanting to see it again.

This is from a while back, but the ship concerned is almost certainly the MV Derbyshire, the largest British-flagged ship ever lost at sea. Hope this helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU