Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

There's a new VICE "Guide to Travel" video out, called "The Japanese Love Industry". :nws:
It's great, fascinating and sad, as their stuff tends to be.

Watching it makes me want to learn more about the Yakuza, any suggestions for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

IDFA: International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam offering hundreds of documentaries for free streaming.

I watched Ukrainian Sheriffs last night and it was excellent.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Watched This Place Rules and yeah I agree with most folks in this thread: you'll like it if you like Andrew's stuff (and I do!)

96 spacejam posted:

My algorithm served me his first interview with Hasan where he very candidly expands on certain parts of the film throughout the interview. I believe it's called Fear&, would recommend even if you hate Hasan. It's his non-political podcast but this ep is an exception and he has a friend to wrangle him in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLRXjJ1MqS8
Here's the video of that interview.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRlI72bsNRc

Youtube description posted:

2 Player Productions and Double Fine Productions present Double Fine PsychOdyssey, an unprecedented documentary experience seven years in the making.

Ten years after the release of their flagship video game Psychonauts, Double Fine Productions returns to its most celebrated franchise with Psychonauts 2. Now facing the pressure to produce a worthy sequel, the studio must confront overly ambitious designs, poor morale, technical challenges and financial woes, all during a turbulent span of time for the world.

Double Fine PsychOdyssey is the direct continuation of the acclaimed series Double Fine Adventure, and offers even deeper insight into the passion, humor, and heartbreak of video game development.
Link to the full playlist.

This came out a few weeks ago and I loved it and binged it in a few days and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. (Look up Noclip or Minnmax on YT if you want to hear other people gushing about it or see interviews with 2 Player Productions)
21 hours over 32 episodes.

Anybody that has worked in a creative + collaborative field can probably recognize stuff that goes on in this doc, doesn't necessarily have to be in video games. Ultimately it's about a bunch of people coming together to make something great and how difficult the process can be, due to, you know, humans being humans (and tech being tech)

FWIW I haven't played the game and only played a tiny bit of the first one back in the day, so familiarity with the game itself is not necessary.

Haven't seen any real discussion on it in the games subforum, but I think it merits sharing here.