Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

LawrenceOfHerLabia posted:

Excellent documentary. For those who don't have iPlayer, the doc is already up on youtube:

Louis Theroux - America's Most Hated Family in Crisis.

The dance numbers are so cringingly embarrassing.

Edit:

I was just watching it again and spotted this gem at one of the anti-phelps demonstrations...

I think he speaks for many.

Oh hell yes. I'd totally do most of those phelps daughters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

ApexAftermath posted:

Yeah I can see what you mean. The venus project thing was probably the point in the 3rd one where I kind of rolled my eyes. At least the film doesn't seem to be suggesting we can actually do any of this now at this point, but more or less saying "here is one suggestion if we had a brand new planet".

Why did you roll your eyes? The film actually is suggesting that we can do this now. Technologywise there is no problem. It's the current system that is the problem, I think the film was pretty clear on that.
I only watched part 2 and 3 of the Zweitgeist movies and thought they were pretty good. Back when the first one came out I tried to watch it but after a third of it I stopped. Too much conspiracy stuff (to be honest I don't remember much of it, maybe I'll give it another try). But that doesn't mean that part 2 or 3 aren't more or less spot on.