Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wasn't Damian's eyesight permanently damaged from being kept in protective custody? I think that might hurry up my willingness to compromise.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I watched that Jimmy Savile thing on Netflix. I had heard his name over the years but having grown up in the US it was just a name. But yeesh. As soon as it started my reaction was "I bet he's a kiddie diddler."

I can only imagine the cognitive dissonance most of the UK felt when his story finally came out.

The GBS thread about the dominos that fell after the Savile thing went public was fascinating in a car wreck sorta way

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It's basically his autobiography in video form.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I also read that review and had no idea GWAR was such a contentious project.

I knew things got messy after Oderus passed on, but hell.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Me neither but I can certainly see how it got that way.

A bunch of fine artists and musicians all working extremely hard on some extraordinary stage shows and touring constantly for very little fame or money is gonna lead to some tension, financial issues and jostling for control.

As someone with a fine arts degree, I really appreciate GWAR's theatrics and have seen them three times. I could take or leave the music, honestly, but the poo poo they pull off from a visual and mere craft angle is really loving something. But an act like that is never really going to go mainstream and has very few angles to "sell out" even if they wanted to.

When I read that they were involved with Shocker Toys my heart sank, I post occasionally in BSS and remember the bile and anger towards them for ripping virtually everyone off.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I've been watching the Bill Cosby rape documentary on Amazon/Showtime. Dude sure liked raping.

Is this the one W.Kamau Bell made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Anyone seen the new David Bowie thing yet?

It's supposed to be really good.