Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010

McBeth posted:

Kumare: Filmmaker Vikram Gandhi puts an unexpected twist on this sobering documentary about spirituality and the power of suggestion when he poses as a prophet named Kumaré and develops a sizable following in the American Southwest.

A better look into the people seeking spirituality than Religulous in my opinion.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70177446?strkid=1627345312_0_0&trkid=222336&movieid=70177446

Yes, Kumare is a great documentary. Watch Louis Theroux - Indian Gurus when you're done!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3R7vuMg52U

Edit: The title pretty much says it all. Louis goes looking for his Guru, enlightenment and miracles in his usual Theroux-ey way. All in all not as satisfying to watch as Kumare, but still very interesting. And I found out that the guy who always used to invite me to vegan dinners and tried to get me to follow the ways of Hare Krishna made his wish come true and got to visit India. (Spotted him somewhere in the background) So there's that :yotj:

Stockholm fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010

djwetmouse posted:

Watching "Tales of the Grim Sleeper", really good! I can't even explain it.
Jesus, the interviews with the survivors!

Just saw it
My heart breaks for all those girls on the streets. Some of them who got out of prostitution really seemed to do well for themselves, though, so that was nice. :unsmith:

And the face of Lonny Franklin Jr.'s defense attorney, Seymour Amster, will hunt me forever, goddamn that's a scary dude. It's like his face is two sizes to big for his head.