Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Anyone have any recommendations for a good documentary on Mesopotamian civilizations? I'm mainly looking for a historical documentary, but I wouldn't complain about archaeological tidbits thrown in. (And given the nature of the topic, it's almost a given.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

outlier posted:

Currently ploughing my way through The Great War, the 1960s BBC series on WW1.

I'm currently going through this series as well. I've been binging on WWI documentaries for obvious reasons. I recently finished World War I in Colour which had some fantastic footage. Although just out of its nature of being limited to 6 episodes, it didn't quite have the depth into the history that I would have liked. The Great War does a much better job in that regard.

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Anyone know of any decent documentaries on the Thirty Years' War?

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

It seems like some of it is original (the more ambient stuff) but most of it is rehashed NIN material. On one end it feels weird recognizing the music, but on the other end: It fits.

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

I want to dive deep into the 30 Years' War, and the clusterfuck that it sounds like it was, any suggestions?