Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Watched American Factory, would definitely recommend it. I cannot believe some of the poo poo people were willing to say on camera. The most primo capitalism moment was when they fire the entire US management team, who had been anti union, and replace them with Chinese managers. Some real crab bucket poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

I loved the American manager telling the Chinese how the American work ethic sucks. Some real pearls there.

Followed up by him trying to implement the pseudo military style stuff with his team in the American plant while the team members all give him side eye looks that say "This is dumb as poo poo." Then he gives the lamest half assed attempt at a morning brief.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

I just stopped watching it, I thought it was really depressing seeing people being sold out like that. Especially the workers who just want a job but all the wages are cut and all the other horrible stuff happening.

Oh agreed, super depressing. I pretty much spent my entire viewing angry, especially because while I wasn't familiar with this particular case I knew exactly how it would go from the start. I especially wanted to reach through my screen and smack the "labour consultant" the factory brought in to tell lies about unionization.