Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Viginti posted:

Eh, I was pretty disappointed with Going Clear. It was a bit of a mess structurally, a blatantly biased attack piece and overall a bit puerile. I'm not, nor have I ever considered, being a xenutoligist but I do find the hatred towards them to be problematic, every single accusation made in this film could and should also be made about Catholicism, Christianity, Islam, any of the 'accepted' religions really. I was hoping that Gibney would get beyond the shocking tabloid stories and shiny celebrity cameos to look more at the psychology under-riding these cults and religions, to use scientology as a single example of a larger phenomena but it never really tried to do that, or to tread new ground in general. Given all the hype I had hoped that they would take a less simplistic view than the usual 'This poo poo's weird!' but alas, that's what you get from Four-films-a-year Gibney.

On the other hand, the music was cool. Just enough of The Master in there, very alien and upsetting. Might try to find an OST.

So, what's it like being unable to reach orgasm without being savagely beaten by David Miscavige?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Your arguments are absolutely moronic.

"This documentary on pol pot is totally one sided and anyway heaps of other dictators did the same poo poo. Where's the documentaries criticising them"?!?!

You being a devout scientologist is the most flattering reading possible.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There was a documentary mentioned here ages ago in which a guy loses his ability to sense where his body parts are without physically looking at them. Does anyone remember what it's called?