Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
I binged the entirety of The Keepers this weekend. It's exceptionally difficult to watch at times, but well done. I'm a sucker for docs that slowly unfold like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

The way they treated the possible suspects was grating, yeah. Especially since one of them didn't seem like he was all there. And some really weird poo poo came out of that. Like the newspaper vagina or whatever the gently caress that was. I do feel like the doc kind of prepares you for the non-ending, though, in that it's the most important point--how the investigation was stymied by corruption.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

coyo7e posted:

That woman keeps getting harder and harder to believe, though.

Like you, I felt skeptical about the things she said at times, even as I was aware of how damaging that has been regarding cases like this. I feel like the doc deals with that pretty effectively, though. First, Jane Doe and Jane Roe give the same info in court long before either one becomes aware of what the other has said. Second, Jean/Jane Doe does give an unlikely detail that is later verified. And third, as others have mentioned, the Church has a history of this poo poo.

Supposedly there were some details left out of the documentary as they were considered too upsetting. I can't even imagine.