Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
Tried to watch the Earthlings trailer. Got to the thing that got flayed alive. Jesus loving Christ. I will attempt to watch the whole thing, someday, but holy gently caress.

I think it might be a badger. I heard that harvesting badger hair for shaving brushes is gruesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
Anecdotal, meat processing stuff ahead. A friend of mine worked in a hog barn, and he told me a few things. The animals' skulls were so thick that it took 2-4 headshots and a couple swings of a sledgehammer to kill them. If the hog wasn't dead by then, they'd just hang it and gut it alive.

The excessive growth hormones pumped into the young ones didn't always cause uniform growth. It was fairly common for the growth of organs to lag behind the muscle and bone, causing tears and ruptures in major arteries, intestines, etc. When those ones died, they were tossed outside. The nearby dog food factory would pick up the corpses once a week.

Also, the levels of hydrogen sulfide and ammonia killed some of the hogs, too. I don't eat pork, anymore.

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
Hyper Parents and Coddled Kids

All about special snowflakes and helicopter parents. People sign their kids up for pre prep school before they even have the drat kid!