Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Abu Dave posted:

I'm surprised how dated everything is; has there not been much new information in regards to Vietnam since 74?

We can now confirm it help the rise of the Creedence Clearwater Revival tribute band scene more than any other event in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This is the age of the internet. Just like how Slenderman can become an urban legend despite it being invented on this site for everyone to see, a landfill full of video games can become an urban legend despite it being a thing that was actually reported on in the 80s. Any fact and fiction can become a "fact or fiction"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cactus posted:

I've seen all the Charlie Brooker stuff so other than that are there any decent documentaries about videogames? I kind of grew up watching them turn from the geeky niche spectrum/amstrad/commodore 64 pixellated poo poo into the multi-genre behemoth they are now and it's been fascinating.

King of Chinatown is not great, and has some really lovely music through out it. But I found its subjects pretty fascinating. Its about competitive fighting games, and at the start it appears to be about Justin Wong and his rise, but its really about his crazy manager Isaiah TriForce Johnson (legal name) who walks around with a power glove in his hand and has an apartment full of "pro gamers" (mostly young kids) living and sleeping in his living room playing games 24/7.

He later became the subject of this polygon article about waiting in lines, which I would not recommend reading until after you finish the documentary
http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/18/3655956/triforce-johnson-the-worlds-most-patient-gamer-wii-u

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*in my Foote in Ken Burn's Civil War voice*
Poster against poster, this thread... is a civil.. war.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MeinPanzer posted:

The Empire's involvement in the Galactic Civil War began in secrecy. It ended 30 years later, in failure... It was begun in good faith, by decent people, out of fateful misunderstandings, Imperial overconfidence, and Clone War miscalculations. And it was prolonged because it seemed easier to muddle through than admit that it had been caused by tragic decisions, made by both sides...

Lmao, someone please recreate the "iconic footage played in reverse" bit but with Star Wars please, it would play really well.