Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I finally got around to watching Citizenfour.

I enjoyed it but in a different way than I was expecting. The issue is so important and that lends some credence to the film, but I didn't walk away from it feeling any more informed than I was already on the subject. I thought it did a really good job of conveying the tension in the people involved leading up to Edward's coming out as the whistleblower. The scene with the fire alarm testing was really important to the overall feeling I got from the film.

I guess I was expecting it to be more of a factual dissection of the issues brought to light by Edward's leak, but instead it ended up being a window into the experience of the data being leaked. I was taken by surprise but ended up really enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilKzuY9tjyg

I'm a huge fan of both the Hotline Miami games and being able to listen to the developers talk about the experience of making it is loving rad.