Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
To any fans of Harlan Ellison with an extra :10bux: laying around, I would highly recommend Dreams With Sharp Teeth. You can download it from the iTunes store. If you're unfamiliar with the man, he is without question THE grumpiest person to ever walk the earth. Oh yeah, and he writes some pretty amazing books too.

I wouldn't dare pirate it. I'm sincerely afraid of what he might do to me if he ever found out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Any Charlie Manson interview is, for lack of a better word, insane. I don't even know why they bother asking him serious questions after the first five minutes, the man clearly has at best a feeble grasp on reality.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

The Scientist posted:

"People look at you today, 20 years later, and they still have no idea what you're about. Tell me in a sentence who you are:"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XREnvJRkif0

I've watched several of his interviews, and I always go back and forth between thinking "He's completely lost his mind," and "He knows he's in for life, so he's just loving with them."

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

The Scientist posted:

Karl Pilkington goes on a Homer-like odyssey to find out if he would be happier if he was smarter.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1700622981138923572
FINALLY a statement in which Homer the epic poet and Homer Simpson could be used interchangably.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

I'm a big enthusiast of historical villains and scoundrels. I've seen the Idi Amin documentary a few times, and I'm pretty well familiar with most of the classic standbys (Caligula, Vlad the Impaler, De Sade, etc.). I'd love to learn about someone new, or watch a particularly unique one of a figure I'm already familiar with.

I check in on this thread every month or so, so forgive me if I'm repeating something that's been suggested before.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

I'd heard that Pete Townshend's story is that he was doing his own independent research on child abuse and just got a little deeper than the law allows private citizens to scour. Any confirmation on this?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Just finished Dear Zachary...

That horrible, horrible bitch. :smith:

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

WouldDesk posted:

Bazaar Bizarre – The Strange Case of Bob Berdella
Not to be a dick, but I'm 30 minutes in and this is just bad. They spend more time on badly-acted, un-narrated reenactments than they do actually talking about who he was and what he did. There's even a music video in the first fifteen minutes for some reason. Does it improve any?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Pararoid posted:

This one a is really good, great narrative.
Narrated by none other than Andy "Gollum" Serkis!

I think my favorite shot in the whole thing was that long, wide view of the queen's chamber with the all the engorged ants hanging from the ceiling. It looked like something H.R. Giger would have designed.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

^^^ My heart started racing at this news. I hope like nothing else that this is true, but if only two of them get out I'd bet anything it's Damien who stays. :smith:

Arkane posted:

The real villain is the judge.

Blame Canada
One of the very first things I did after watching was search google for some news that she had been disbarred, or at least made some sort of public apology. That bitch is still on the bench, and as far as I know she has taken no responsibility.

Doppelganger fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

VivaNova posted:

Unlike the more violent common chimpanzees, bonobos live in peaceful societies ruled by females, where aggression is diffused by frequent sex.
We could learn something from these noble creatures. :quagmire: