Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I just wanted to surface a documentary that I saw a few years ago but that I still fondly think about sometimes. It's called I Like Killing Flies and it's a sort of food-based and character-based doc about this eccentric cook in New York who owns a small restaurant. He's a unique and super entertaining guy in himself, and the story wrapped around it about his struggles to adjust to a rapidly changing city is engrossing, as well.

One of my favorite things about his restaurant is that he's gradually, over the years, amassed dozens of homemade dishes and just keeps adding them to the menu so that the printed menu is just an impossible mass of text. It looks like what a serial killer chef's diary would look like and it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

mod sassinator posted:

Yeah that's a great doc that sadly left Netflix many years ago and hasn't been back since then. Kenny Shopsin is a very interesting character. Check out his book if you liked the movie, it has a lot more of his wisdom and learnings (and some super unhealthy but awesome recipes): https://www.amazon.com/Eat-Me-Philosophy-Kenny-Shopsin/dp/0307264939

That's awesome, I had no idea he had a book. Good info, thanks!