Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

In Dont gently caress with Cats did they ever find out who the supposed other person was tied to the bed in the Jun Lin video? The show just kinda forgets about it and when they finally catch him is just like "well case closed." Also his defense of someone made me do it is most likely 90% bullshit but it doesnt really go into them investigating it other than saying he lied about getting a phone call and saying its just another basic instinct reference. Maybe the police did actually did look into all that and the show chose to ignore it. Just kinda wish they explored that part further instead of jerking off the facebook dorks more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MeinPanzer posted:

What other person? I don't remember anything about that.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/national/unknown-man-in-magnottas-apartment-escaped-same-fate-as-lin-jun/amp/

DFWC only mentions it briefly

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Anyone watch that Woodstock '99 doc? Holy poo poo, I'd heard it was bad but goddamn. A minor criticism was that they kept kind of overlaying current-day values in terms of what's okay and what's not, on something that happened 20 years ago regarding the misogony and racism in lyrics like it was some kind of a major issue at the time like it would be today which it wasn't. Not saying it was even remotely okay of course but that part felt a little preachy in the doc like "by Jove, a black rapper shouting out the n-word on stage, why I never!" like yeah, that's not great but don't act like at the time it was somehow out of the ordinary.

Still, definitely worth a watch if only for the way they broke down how Woodstock '69 can't work in modern-day or indeed in 1999. One of the organizers of Woodstock 1969 and 1999 came across as a huge buffoon too which was pretty entertaining.

I liked how they seemed to imply if Nirvana were still around it would have been a totally different ordeal. Like a giant crowd of angry, overheated, dehydrated people arent gonna destroy poo poo to Smells Like Teen Spirit, only Limp Bizkit

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Cheesus posted:

Watched Val on Amazon Prime last night.

I don't really understand my fascination with Val Kilmer. Of his movies, Top Secret! and Real Genius, I love and could watch forever. Nothing else he's done I've really cared about, including Top Gun, Willow, The Doors, Batman Forever, anything. His 90s films were only only on the periphery of my awareness and not on any part of my radar in the past twenty years but whenever Ive seen his name in the news, I've always been drawn to read about him.

Kind of a Soliel Moon Frye thing going on with him recording 40 years of his career. Uncanny to have his 26 year old son narrate himself with how his voice sounded in the 80s.

Recommended.

Tombstone is p dope. It has the benefit of being a huge ensemble rather than just a VK movie though.