Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

amusinginquiry posted:

The Corporation

This is also on Hulu. It's an excellent documentary for the most part, minus Michael Moore's last 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

HatSmack posted:

Holy poo poo, that guy is scary.

I actually felt sad for him when he was talking about his wife and kids :(

I did too. Until he told the story about the guy who pissed him off at a bar so he burned him alive in his car.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Hitler's Britain
An interesting documentary on the theoretical Nazi invasion of Britain had the Battle of Britain been lost. This rolls two parts together into one hour and a half program. The first is a look at it from a general perspective and goes into some conjecture that really isn't based in anything. Quite frankly I found it a little bit sensationalist by the time it was proposing a U.S.-Nazi cold war. However, the second part detailing the planned British Resistance that Churchill had begun preparing when things were looking bleak was an excellent piece with a lot of interviews from people who had previously not talked about it.

You can find it on Hulu: Hitler's Britain

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I was wondering if anyone could help direct me towards an appropriate documentary. I'm looking for something dealing with the evolution of mythologies from the classical era into the Christian Era. Particularly I'd like something that dealt with pagan traditions and mythologies that were incorporated into Christianity and/or Islam.

I found The Lost Gods on TopDocumentaries but it seems to deal primarily with the architecture and physical buildings associated with religion. I'd really appreciate any tips in the right direction :)

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Rapacity posted:

The best part was the loving french maniac choosing to just go around again LMAO. Meh, gently caress ze prize I juss wan to keep sailin, you know? Like I'll sail forezer and live off flies whish I just skim out of ze air wiss my gills.

I really wish they had gone into his trip more. After going rogue on the race he sailed for another four months before stopping in Tahiti where he met and married a woman, worked on his book, and tried to be a farmer before up and leaving his life, wife, and newborn son in the same boat, eventually making his way back to Paris where he published five more books.