Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

Petah posted:

Real story about an off duty pilot who attempts to land a passenger jet in an impossible scenario. Quite possibly the most gripping story I've ever witnessed in my entire life.

One Hell of a Tale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPu0chBQeUk

Sweet, thanks for this. If anyone's interested in another perspective there is a Seconds From Disaster episode about this crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

Bantaras posted:

Thanks! That was it. I was able to get it at the itunes store for $1.99.
Kind of depressing though. However, I didn't recognize very many of the animators. (I think most of the more famous ones bailed out and migrated to Dreamworks or Pixar) Towards the end, it was close to just being a video about a few folks whining about how they can't make $100,00 bonuses anymore.

I wanted to see how they went from making complete trash that no one wanted to see, to making record breaking animation, to then making nothing again. Guess I'll have to wait for "Waking" but I don't think its gonna be released on video any time soon.

I saw Waking Sleeping Beauty today on your advice, it was very good. Lots of highs and lows but there were a lot of great clips and interviews with Michael Eisner, Roy Disney, Frank Wells, etc. I highly recommend it.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

Bantaras posted:

I assume it put the Disney Corporation in a positive light? (since they're the ones who produced it.)
Did they really move all the animators (pre Mermaid) out of their own building into trailers in a parking lot?

It didn't portray it in a negative light, but it certainly didn't portray it in a positive light either. I mean a good 20 minutes were devoted to bashing Jeffrey Katzenberg. There was definitely a lot of focus on the cattiness and infighting in the studio.

And yes, they did move them out of the animation building, into a warehouse of some sort. It wasn't a trailer or demountable-type thing.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

SamLikesCake posted:

Where were you able to see it? Unfortunately it isn't playing anywhere near me. I don't think there's any other way to see it outside of :filez: is there?

I got really lucky that the only place it happened to be playing was 5 minutes away from me (Wexner Center/Gateway Theater in Columbus, Ohio). There are theater dates going out pretty far into the future, check the full list on the website.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

Orkiec posted:

Are there any good documentaries out there about the Monsanto Corporation?

Food, Inc. mentions them. There's also The World According to Monsanto.