Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

shock.wav posted:

What? What are you seeing?

A stomach/gas tank. Pretty clever I think.

It's a :D face in the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Gertrude Perkins posted:

This was the best boss in the game.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

itrorev posted:

Interestingly, the original Dragonball kept the Ki powers at a much lower level...i.e. Goku, one of the top fighters on the planet, could punch through rocks, jump really high, move fast, and throw a Ki blast. (which too a considerable amount of training and concentration, and was more akin to a Super Move)

Dragonball Z though elevated this to the point of absurdity. Now Goku was flying, catching bullets in his hand, moving faster than the eye could see, punching holes in loving mountains, and throwing around would-destroying Ki blast left n' right.

And don't even get started on the whole Super Saiyan poo poo....

They probably should have stopped when the most powerful being in the universe was strong enough to destroy planets. As somewhat of a natural break point.

Instead it stops when the most powerful being in the universe could destroy existence (I think).

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Didn't, Goku's master, Roshi blow up the moon in Dragon Ball?

And by the end of DBZ wasn't planet destroying pretty easy for all of the main characters?

There are literally hundreds maybe thousands of pages of relative extrapolated power levels of the main characters throughout the show. From that list and memory I think that a dude of around 200,000 can destroy planets with ease. Later on you see characters casually throwing around numbers like 300 million and even a few in the billion-range.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Tulip Candy posted:

I almost wish the series had continued to become progressively crazier and crazier, with the characters blasting out entire galaxies or something.

You know what disturbed me the most? Even after every character could casually blow up the Earth while sleepwalking and in a coma everyone was still surprised when the powering up of the big bad villain threw some dust around.

For that reason I like to think that when they introduced the pink fellow he eventually just says "gently caress it" and destroys the planet they're fighting on (I think, it was a good while after I stopped watching).

Largely unrelated, I will admit, I laughed at this;
:nws:NWS:nws:

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

DoubleDown11 posted:

Didn't some goon post a thread about a movie where hitler lived to be like 400 years old and was a hero in some post apocalyptic wasteland scenario at some point? I think it was some "post your ideas for movies" type of thread or something. That's what that poster reminds me of.

Ah good you mention it, you made me remember this!

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Something just odd this time. You know, just odd, not disturbing, not child-dream shattering, just odd and a little funny;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xsOqtKPxjA&feature=grec_index

Magicarp evolves into Michael Phelps. It's a shame the video name gives it away.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

All this talk about perks and random encounters, I assume that it is from Fallout 3?

:psyduck:

For those not in the know, can anyone tell me why our good friend is in the game? I feel as if I'm missing something here (I know who Johnny is).

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

I suppose I should ask why Tumblr is represented as a school girl but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like the answer.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

I like how facebook is apparently from the Internet University. That's how I chose to read it anyway.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Confusing the Scandinavia region with the French, the gall of some people...

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Tarezax posted:

Speaking of anime Transformers, I think this counts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOK7jjIzlQU

I thought 'Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt' as a title was a joke.

KEEP SURPRISING ME WORLD.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Daggerpants posted:

As far as the strangest fanart don't GIS "Marvel Rictor Shatterstar".

I'll admit, I was not expecting that.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Gothy McAngstydie posted:

what is the obsession with Sonic, I dont understand. Of all the characters in all the world, why Sonic?

My hypothesis is that it is because Sonic is a smirky rear end in a top hat just like all the nerds and drags of society secretly which they were because they think that is what attracts girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Parmesan Basil posted:

I never thought there would be a link in this thread that I couldn't click. I was wrong. I just can't bring myself to do it.

sirbeefalot posted:

I had those rubbery fast food hand puppets and nooooo my childhood. :gonk:

Pussies. I laughed my rear end off. It's more funny than scarring.