Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fknlo posted:

If you ever do get back into it Fuji is a good option for this as the out of camera JPEG's are usually top notch and the built in presets are really good too.

I actually have an old Fuji X100 that I use for fun, otherwise I still have Canon gear so I'll probably stick with that.

Looks like I'd have to get a drone too because anything real estate related wants drone pics and/or video now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

fknlo posted:

If you ever do get back into it Fuji is a good option for this as the out of camera JPEG's are usually top notch and the built in presets are really good too.

My X-T30 consistently sets auto white balance green as gently caress, really wish I'd just spent the extra $300 for an 80D or whatever is in the 80D spot these days.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I actually have an old Fuji X100 that I use for fun, otherwise I still have Canon gear so I'll probably stick with that.

Looks like I'd have to get a drone too because anything real estate related wants drone pics and/or video now.

Probably make good money as a wedding droner

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Snackula posted:

My X-T30 consistently sets auto white balance green as gently caress, really wish I'd just spent the extra $300 for an 80D or whatever is in the 80D spot these days.

There's something wrong with your camera. I've had 3 X series cameras and haven't had that issue or anything even remotely close to it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

captainOrbital posted:

Probably make good money as a wedding droner

They were most popular during the Bush & Obama era though.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
:drat:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh you mean like take photos at weddings with a drone lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Charles posted:

:vince:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Like we're not going to find out in 10 years that Trump was e: sitting around eating steaks with ketchup while Miller was dronestriking Jewish weddings or something this whole time

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Charles posted:

jesus

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

wait so are you telling me that all my photos that suck are simply because i was shooting in raw thinking it was going to be simlar to the jpgs (usually good but a bit noisy due to low light) and i could edit them in post to be better?

gently caress!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Raw is the uncompressed file so unlike jpg which is compressed and doesn't take much editing to ruin entirely, raw is pretty much endlessly tweakable. So yes, knock yourself out. For similar shots (bursts for example) you can run a batch editor to process loads at the same time so you're not endlessly clicking the same things a dozen times per shot. You can save presets and such too to make life easier. It's always best to get the shot in camera (or near as damnit) though than spending your life editing things because being sat in front of a computer is the least fun part of photography.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
If I'm doing Triathlon or MTB it's JPEG because the people paying money want JPEG of a certain size and you spray and pray. And given they pay good money and they want volume and speed, that's what they get. At an Ironman event I'll go anything up to 20,000 photos across 4 cameras over 17 hours. The agency can do whatever work they think needs doing IDGAF.

If I am doing motorsport then it's RAW only. I have some presets, I do a batch conversion, look at the results, pick out a few good ones to do more correction work, send it. I aint wasting time beyond that. And yes, working with RAW makes that a drat sight easier to do.

Those BMW photos look horribly like they were jpeg to start with before all the poo poo was done to them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

For me it was just speed, I was competing with 30+ other photographers to get images out and it was a hell of a lot faster in jpeg.

Also back then CF cards were smaller capacity and expensive and RAW took up way too much space. These days I imagine RAW is much easier to deal with.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Theory: the M3/4 are purposefully ugly so that the people they will inevitably be tailgating will pull over more quickly so as to not have to look at the grills in their mirrors.

Does anybody have pictures of it without the front plate? I must see how bad it looks

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I feel like the aftermarket bodykit industry although usually making everything worse, can only improve the looks of this car.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The problem with the aftermarket bumper idea is that they're going to have to figure out how to integrate the lines in the hood that lead to the nostrils into the design or you're going to need a new hood too. On an M car that's gonna all be like 5 grand just for the parts.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Veilside kit when?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
My laptop doesn't have a decent mouse or photo editing software, hence my lovely ms paint attempt at the nissan grille a while back, but I wanted to try the BMW because I can't make it look any worse, right? I think it's better, but I'm still not happy with the lower grille- I've given it 4 openings instead of two giant ones. Getting rid of the outside rims on the lower grill (or maybe both openings altogether and just making it all grille) might make it better, but color manipulation is a bit tricky till I get something more capable.

e: for comparison:

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 23, 2020

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

As Nero Danced posted:

My laptop doesn't have a decent mouse or photo editing software, hence my lovely ms paint attempt at the nissan grille a while back, but I wanted to try the BMW because I can't make it look any worse, right? I think it's better, but I'm still not happy with the lower grille- I've given it 4 openings instead of two giant ones. Getting rid of the outside rims on the lower grill (or maybe both openings altogether and just making it all grille) might make it better, but color manipulation is a bit tricky till I get something more capable.

Honestly I think if you close off the upper ones entirely and keep a couple of smaller kidneys down below, kind of like the E31, it would look pretty good.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I know they're trying something different because there's only so much you can do with the front of a car but the big kidneys look pap.

https://twitter.com/ThatSamSmith/status/1308841159431720966?s=19

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
that looks Less Bad but it doesn't really look Good

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I know they're trying something different because there's only so much you can do with the front of a car but the big kidneys look pap.

https://twitter.com/ThatSamSmith/status/1308841159431720966?s=19

Even without the huge nostrils, it still looks like a cross between a Honda Accord coupe and a Mustang in profile.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I guess I'm squarely in the minority because I don't hate it. I'd never buy one, but they are just trying to differentiate it from the base 3/4 and make it look the part. How did this thread react to the new GT500?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Bandire posted:

How did this thread react to the new GT500?

I only just joined this thread last week, but personally I've been a huge fan of everything they've done with the sixth gen Mustang across the board, at least in terms of looks.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Sab669 posted:

I only just joined this thread last week, but personally I've been a huge fan of everything they've done with the sixth gen Mustang across the board, at least in terms of looks.

I love the new GT 500 too, but I can imagine a significant portion of posters hated it. I have been following this thread off and on a long time, and I had no idea people actually missed station wagons and minivans until this thread. We certainly have an interesting mix of preferences here.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

GT500 sucks because it's missing a pedal and it's cross plane crank

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

This thread is like 90% discussing how ugly every new car is and how much every new car looks like some other slightly older car that it often doesn’t look that much like except in the sense that they are both generally car shaped.

Title should be “Read about a new car you like? It’s actually terrible”

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Bandire posted:

I had no idea people actually missed station wagons and minivans until this thread.

We're a vocal minority on the internet :v:

I've been lusting after used S4 Avantes on CarsAndBids lately. My Fiesta ST is fun but I want something a little nicer, and longer.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This thread is like 90% discussing how ugly every new car is and how much every new car looks like some other slightly older car that it often doesn’t look that much like except in the sense that they are both generally car shaped.

Title should be “Read about a new car you like? It’s actually terrible”

It should be because that’s the truth :v:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

TheBacon posted:

GT500 sucks because it's missing a pedal and it's cross plane crank

I occasionally drive a manual 2016 Mustang GT, and it can be a handful. It is fun, but I'd gladly give up the stick for a well tuned dual clutch auto. Maybe I'm getting old, but they do seem better in every category but the nebulous "feel". I wish they stuck with the flat plane crank too, but its still a monster for what it is.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I kinda wanted to try out the VW ID.4, but wtf.....

"VW said the ID.4 would take 8.5 seconds when going from zero to 62 mph. "

I'm not asking for sub 4 seconds. But Jesus maybe at least match the Rav4 Prime?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Franco Caution posted:

I'm not asking for sub 4 seconds. But Jesus maybe at least match the Rav4 Prime?

The RAV4 prime does 0-60 in 5.4s. It's the 2nd quickest Toyota after the Supra. Seems like a tall order?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Throatwarbler posted:

The RAV4 prime does 0-60 in 5.4s. It's the 2nd quickest Toyota after the Supra. Seems like a tall order?

It's also quicker to 60 than a 94 Supra Turbo lol

Wtf.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Franco Caution posted:

The AWD model with 100 extra horsepower will be pretty close I imagine. In any case the base model
is as fast as anyone actually needs.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

LeeMajors posted:

It's also quicker to 60 than a 94 Supra Turbo lol

Wtf.

A buddy at work has a SIX HUNNERT HOARSPAR supra and get gets all fanny flustered when I tell him his 0-60 is unchanged. Another buddy at work has a chevy SS with 979 HP set up for drag racing and supra guy only wants to race him from a roll (at least 30 mph) :rolleye:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Throatwarbler posted:

what a world we live in

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

At what point does 0-60 become a pointless stat if 'normal' cars are now quick? 2 second 0-60, cool but I'm never quite in that much of a hurry, lads :v:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

0-60 has always been pointless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Eyud posted:

0-60 has always been pointless

Does your country not have freeway onramps?