Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

Finger Prince posted:

Jesus, the renegade is that bad?
I rented a 500x (or was it an L?) when they came out in the UK and it was comparably as bad as a car2go Smart (not the new ones). Granted it was fitted with some 90hp 2 cylinder diesel tractor engine that was truly awful, but the rest of it was nearly as bad. At least the Renegade looks good.

I'll bet money on it being a 500L as I'm pretty sure the 500X doesn't have that engine anywhere, even in UK/EU, plus that engine isn't available in anything in the States, including the dual-clutch automatic that was probably attached to it. The Fiat 500X really is much better than the 500L and better than the Renegade. And yes, I have driven all three for extended drives.

You can do a lot worse than the Fiat 500X and I'd let her purchase one, no problem.

EnergizerFellow fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Nissan has sold 250,000 Rogues this year despite the fact that every reviewer has found them to be complete trash. People like cars for all sorts of dumb reasons.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Deteriorata posted:

Nissan has sold 250,000 Rogues this year despite the fact that every reviewer has found them to be complete trash. People like cars for all sorts of dumb reasons.

Star Wars advertising? Did that work for Dodge when Force Awakens came out?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Deteriorata posted:

Because they sell them cheap. It's pretty much Nissan's MO for their mainstream models.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

EnergizerFellow posted:

I'll bet money on it being a 500L as I'm pretty sure the 500X doesn't have that engine anywhere, even in UK/EU, plus that engine isn't available in anything in the States, including the dual-clutch automatic that was probably attached to it. The Fiat 500X really is much better than the 500L and better than the Renegade. And yes, I have driven all three for extended drives.

You can do a lot worse than the Fiat 500X and I'd let her purchase one, no problem.

Fun fact: the 500L is made in the old Zastava plant that produced the Yugo.

I hear it's bad and also fat looking.

dreesemonkey posted:

What are some nice/premium small cars? My sister is looking at leasing a Fiat 500x (the fugly 4 door model) in a few months and I've got to think there is something way better. I told her a Fit or a CX-5 if she was considering a small SUV but she seems unenthused by the prospects. Mini was an additional option she was considering, but I guess the nearest dealer is 1.5 hours away.

e: She has a loaded Ford Fusion plug-in hybrid lease now and she likes it, but her new construction home has a laughably small garage so physical size is the primary consideration. She's going to miss some of the "fancy" that the ford has so that's why I was looking for something small but yet premium feature wise.

I feel like the CX-3 is a more direct comparison to the 500x than the CX-5. Also on the list would be Toyota's CH-R and Honda's HRV as well as the Juke. Oh and the Kia Niro or Soul. Comedy option: the Buick Encore.

Hyundai is coming out with the Kona soon, and I assume Kia will have something too.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Apparently Ford is going to make something called the Ecosport? Is this a real US model?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
They've been selling it overseas for years.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Apparently Ford is going to make something called the Ecosport? Is this a real US model?
Small CUV that's been sold overseas for quite a while.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Yes but is it going to be sold in the US or not?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yes but is it going to be sold in the US or not?

Yes. It will also be the first Indian made vehicle to be sold in North America. MAGA.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Deteriorata posted:

My wife has one. She loves it; I don't.

(She bought it before we met)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The are relatively decent looking cheap CUVs

What is the mystery .

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Nissan is the new Mitsubishi as far as financing anyone with a pulse.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

My 20 minutes inside of the renegade was enough. Terribly uncomfortable.

drat I barely made it 20 seconds. Seriously.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Must have been a pea in there somewhere if all you princesses were so bothered

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Throatwarbler posted:

Yes. It will also be the first Indian made vehicle to be sold in North America. MAGA.

You can already get a KTM 390 or a BMW G310R (and maybe some others?). Both of which seem basic, but decent enough. The Ecosport looks weird, though.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

dreesemonkey posted:

What are some nice/premium small cars? My sister is looking at leasing a Fiat 500x (the fugly 4 door model) in a few months and I've got to think there is something way better. I told her a Fit or a CX-5 if she was considering a small SUV but she seems unenthused by the prospects. Mini was an additional option she was considering, but I guess the nearest dealer is 1.5 hours away.

e: She has a loaded Ford Fusion plug-in hybrid lease now and she likes it, but her new construction home has a laughably small garage so physical size is the primary consideration. She's going to miss some of the "fancy" that the ford has so that's why I was looking for something small but yet premium feature wise.

The Fit is sooooo gooooooooood for a small car in its price range. Perfectly optioned for such an inexpensive car, and extremely well thought-out.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Previa_fun posted:

Nissan is the new Mitsubishi as far as financing anyone with a pulse.

Yes but what about the new Mitsubishi Eclipse??

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tetrapyloctomy posted:

The Fit is sooooo gooooooooood for a small car in its price range. Perfectly optioned for such an inexpensive car, and extremely well thought-out.

But would you call it "premium"?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Maybe not premium but certainly nice and a whole lot less poo poo than a loving Fiat.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
since when is a Fiat premium anyway?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

My 20 minutes inside of the renegade was enough. Terribly uncomfortable.

Both the Cherokee and renegade made my knees hurt. I couldn't find a seat position where it wouldn't happen.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Olivil posted:

since when is a Fiat premium anyway?

~European~

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm taking delivery on a Renegade this afternoon as an aside. Retiring my XJ to beater duty. Found a leftover on a small town lot for the right price.

I didn't even test drive an auto but the 1.4t with the six speed is great

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
My dealership got a Korean spec Stinger GT to show off and take pre-orders on a few days ago.

The car is legit, The interior is well laid out and the driving position is very good. The adjustable side bolsters are a huge help.

Lots of room in the trunk with the seats down.

If anyone wants any pictures of a particular part of the vehicle just let me know.

Also got some unofficial pricing info. 2.0T RWD should start at $32,XXX, V6TT RWD should start at $37,XXX and absolute top end V6TT AWD should be about $51,XXX. Not sure if those include destination (~$995)
According to Kia the 2.0T should to 0-60 in 5.9s and the 3.3TT should do it in 4.7 with a top speed of 167mph

I'm definitely getting one in about a year once I've had my Miata a bit longer.

kill me now fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 23, 2017

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Compared to other cars in the class, probably. You get a ton of features and functionality for the price.

kill me now posted:

My dealership got a Korean spec Stinger GT to show off and take pre-orders on a few days ago.
These are probably going to be stupendous deals in three years when original leases are up, provided that they're decently well-made.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I'm not familiar with those at all. Are they competing with the likes of the Genesis?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

slidebite posted:

I'm not familiar with those at all. Are they competing with the likes of the Genesis?
I think the Genesis line is either sportier (the G70) or higher-end (the G80 and G90) compared to the Stinger. I'm not super-familiar with either Hyundai or Kia, though, so I could be way off.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

slidebite posted:

They are competing with reasonably priced RWD sports sedans with 350+hp. Which means basically no one at this point.

Kia pegs it as cheaper competition to the A5 sportback/440 grand coupe or a more capable Q50. But I think it will be more likely to take Charger R/T customers and people who really wanted something fun and RWD or AWD but got stuck in a FWD or FWD based AWD mid-sized sedan. Like people who would go for a Fusion Sport or MKZ.

The G70 is probably going to be a bit higher end on the interior side of things as well as offer a better service experience at a higher vehicle price. I don't know if its going to be any sportier

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

kill me now posted:

The car is legit, The interior is well laid out and the driving position is very good. The adjustable side bolsters are a huge help.

Lots of room in the trunk with the seats down.

If anyone wants any pictures of a particular part of the vehicle just let me know.

Also got some unofficial pricing info. 2.0T RWD should start at $32,XXX, V6TT RWD should start at $37,XXX and absolute top end V6TT AWD should be about $51,XXX. Not sure if those include destination (~$995)
According to Kia the 2.0T should to 0-60 in 5.9s and the 3.3TT should do it in 4.7 with a top speed of 167mph

I'm definitely getting one in about a year once I've had my Miata a bit longer.

Looking good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Too bad I live on Ice Mountain and would die in RWD.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

euphronius posted:

AWD is available

Performance display modes - G-force, Lap time, oil temp/boost/"torque"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZT1XL_hxCj/?taken-by=xevilpetex

kill me now fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 23, 2017

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

euphronius posted:

Winter tires. AWD doesn't help you stop and only slightly helps you turn.

Bear in mind I drive an AWD car with winter tires, so my opinion is based on anecdotal evidence.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Re: the Renegade: Being 6'4", I couldn't find a driving position that let me safely operate the car, let alone have any comfort. This was in a rental lot, and when the guy saw me trying to adjust so that my legs didn't bind the steering wheel when trying to get near the pedals, I just got a different car.

I'm sure there are people who can drive them fine.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Man that Stinger is looking pretty nice. And so is the upcoming G70.

I'm glad the Koreans have really stepped up their game. Sportbacks own.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I really want the Stinger to be good but eventually I realized the V6TT is priced pretty close to a Mustang GT Premium and I don't really need back seats sooo.....

It's all academic though since I'm not even in the market right now anyway. :sigh:

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Yeah doesn't seem like you save much over an Audi A4. The warranty's gonna be longer but the Audi looks sexier and probably feels more solid. Plus performance-biased Quattro is a strong part of the brand. I don't know what Kia's AWD solution is like.

I also like Audi's interior design more; looks more sleek and up-market, this Kia feels more generic.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I think the best cars on the market right now are probably the Audi S4,S5 Sportback cars...
I've driven them and so far enjoyed them more than all the others.
I want the stinger to be good so that there's more alternatives and competition for this segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
You're really making me want the red interior but someone on stinger forums said 50% of pre-orders were red exterior, so I'm probably gonna stick with yellow and grey or black.