Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The 599 GTO is faster than the Enzo? I'm not up to par on my supercar dickwaving but it's plastered all over that link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I got bored and started looking around to see if there was any word for US pricing for the Fiat 500s yet, anyone know anything? I haven't found anything concrete in my five seconds of googling.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I think the headlights could have been worked slightly better, but its like having a loving V10 in a god loving drat Elise.

E:poo poo gently caress cock piss oval office balls piss

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, who needs more horsepower anyways?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just saw the most amazing battle at Sears Point today, it was a Porsche 906 being absolutely harassed by a lowly Mk.1 Lotus 7. The Lotus was absolutely on the Porsche's rear end the entire time, and only by being 3 lanes wide did the Porsche keep him behind him.

The solution isn't more power. It's less weight :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I found a few articles all related to each other through Jalopnik about the new Lamborghini V12 coming out.

http://jalopnik.com/5690504/hear-the-new-lamborghini-v12-in-action

http://jalopnik.com/5690136/i-am-lamborghinis-new-beating-v12-heart

http://jalopnik.com/5690495/a-farewell-to-the-old-lamborghini-v12?skyline=true&s=i

Simply amazing that their last V12 lasted from 1963 to 2010.

quote:

We told you this weekend Lamborghini's Murcielago replacement will feature a 6.5-liter V12 engine with an output of 700hp at 8,250 RPM and max torque of 509 lb/ft of torque at 5,500 RPM. Here it is. More below.

quote:

Lamborghini's filed a claim with the U.S. trademark office on the name "Aventador." Some believe it's the new name for the Italian automaker's Murcielago-replacing supercar. Below, what the name means and specifications we expect for this new raging bull.

According to a select group of customers who saw the new bull-fighter at a special event this week, we're told the Lamborghini Aventador will look like a replica of the Lamborghini Reventón. It'll even use the Reventón's massive 6.5-liter V12 engine and produce a Reventón-besting 700 HP with a redline of 8,250 RPM. Also, we're told that amazing engine will be mated to a seven-speed single clutch gearbox.

And oh, yes, it'll be light. Thanks to Lamborghini CEO Stephen Winkelmann's clarion call for weight loss, the new bullish beast will feature a carbon fiber monocoque chassis that'll cut the weight 500 lbs. from the Murcielago while upping rigidity by a whopping 70%.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh cool I've always wanted to sit next to what looks like an atomic bomb while driving.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

japtor posted:

:hfive: Glad to know I'm not the only one that does this.

I've been known to call shotgun in my own car.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Why haven't I been seeing updates about the latest priapism from Lamborghini?

Click here for the full 1280x782 image.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/lamborghini-releases-best-pic-yet-of-aventador-lp700-4/

quote:

Just a few weeks out from the Geneva auto show, Lamborghini has given us the clearest look yet at its upcoming V-12 monstercar, which we expect will be called the Aventador LP700-4. The picture shows gaping front and side air inlets, projector headlights, and a prominent strake through the hood’s center. Compared to earlier photos of prototypes, we see a more-defined and angular front end—it’s definitely reminiscent of the fighter-jet-cool Reventón.

The Aventador will arrive with a 6.5-liter V-12 engine touting 700 hp and 509 lb-ft of torque. (For more info, have a look at our detailed rundown of this new engine.) The gearbox is a seven-speed, single-clutch automated manual, which routes the power through an all-wheel-drive system. Carbon-ceramic brakes will come standard, and the body may be built from advanced Forged Composite carbon fiber—although that technology may not yet be ready for prime time. For the discriminating buyer, the Aventador will offer a full slate of options, as we learned from the car’s leaked order guide.

We’ll be in Geneva in early March to cover the Aventador’s reveal, which should be accompanied by full specs and pricing info. Check back then to see our coverage live from the show floor.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What in gods name kind of trucks do you deal with that those are considered small?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well they're not new cars so they really don't count for this thread, but Rangers, Mighty Maxes, pretty much any actual, you know, small truck. I wouldn't have been caught off guard if you had used pretty much anything other than small to describe how ludicrously large new trucks are getting. Not trying to start a debate over why we've effectively killed the tiny truck market in America but come on, in no way shape or form are any of those anywhere close to being a small truck. Hell, the bed on the new F150 is practically up to my chest.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Muffinpox posted:

Whoever perfects an injection moldable carbon fiber will literally be making GBS threads money from how many business will be cramming money down their throat.

I know it's not like Honda was working on it for a Civic but I thought Lamborghini was doing that kind of thing on the Sesto Elemento?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The future is now!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dissss posted:

Why?

Yes there are some amazing turbo diesels available now (like the one in an actual X5) but the one in the knock-off is terrible. All you have to do is look at the curb weight (1900kgs is 4188lbs) and the engine specs (68kw is 91hp, 202nm is 149ft/lbs)

Wanna see some 'Ring times on this bitch.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

el topo posted:

I swear, eventually MB will come up with a bespoke model for every single individual who buys a Mercedes.

I thought the black line started with the C class originally?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The old Aircooled bugs had a bazillion special editions many of which never made it over here. Levis jeans edition bug, anyone?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Without a minivan where will I keep my car parts?

We don't have a derailAILED thread in ai so ill ask here, I saw an old van like this way out in the backroads of california but it didn't have an engine cab on the front, just the slope down into the windows and very slab fronted. Ideas what it could have been? Never seen anything like it since.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Completely ignoring speed claims or horsepower claims, my biggest concern would be hooking up with anything even remotely close to being considered a streetable tire.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

The last "GM-official" ring time for the ZR1 is 7:19.6.

And I believe Pagani hit 6:45 or something.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Saw my first Aventador in the wild yesterday. Posting here since I didn't manage to take a picture and it still counts as a new vehicle. I must say, for as much as people complain that it's not a new vehicle and looks phoned in, Murcielago 2.0 basically, it still cuts an absolutely stunning figure in real life and god drat that exhaust :swoon:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

coolskillrex remix posted:

A mustang GT is about 100 pounds heavier than a stock genesis v6 coupe and is a far far better starting point. Plus theres about 10 superchargers and turbo chargers out there for someone to buy at this very moment.

That and Mustang fanboys just can't seem to grasp that not everyone wants a Mustang, for whatever reason.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

coolskillrex remix posted:

basically if i said nothing about mustangs you agree that the figures are unimpressive.

HP to HP it really sounds very similar, V6 to V6 and supercharged V6 to V8. Weight is slightly different but negligible, and like I said some people just flat out don't want a Mustang. The only reason the Mustang 'is a better starting point' is because it's had what, nearly 50 years of being marketed and refined to the Genesis's how many?

E: I guess the point I'm trying to make is "get a mustang" is becoming the new "get a Miata," regardless of what the person wants or likes.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 15, 2011

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It really just looks awkward compared to the Excelero though if we're talking ridiculous hyperluxury should have beens.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoyed this picture from that thread.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kylej posted:

Looks like this

So you agree it looks like the best part of the music video.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/253462/focus_rs_le_mans_specials.html

quote:

Ford is celebrating its rich history at the Le Mans 24hr race, with five special editions of the Focus RS. Production of the 300bhp hatch is drawing to a close, but these latest releases are here to make sure it doesn't go quietly.

Each of the five models pays hommage to a particular Ford race car that made history at Le Mans. The Focus RS in black with white stripes and gold wheels honours the 1966 GT40 Mk II, the red one with white strips is a nod towards the 1967 GT40 Mark IV, the white car with a blue stripe echoes the 1967 GT40 Mk IIB - the two-tone sky blue and orange the GT40s that dominated Le Mans in the late sixties - and finally the two tone white and blue model mimics the Capri RS 2600 which took the Touring category in 1972.

Inside, each of the five cars get leather and Alcantara-covered Recaro seats, plus a personalized numbered plaque on the dash. Each model is scheduled to make an appearance at the Le Mans Classic in July, where they will be driven on track by invited guests. After that they will go up for sale to the general public - if they're still in one piece that is!

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/253462/focus_rs_le_mans_specials.html#ixzz1dT1lPTAn

and

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/13/maserati-kubang-frankfurt-2011/

quote:

Nothing else is yet known about the Kubang, but we'd expect it to borrow liberally from the Jeep parts bin, and there have been many indications that it will likely even roll down the same assembly line in Detroit as the Grand Cherokee. In any case, have a good look at the Kubang in all its somewhat funky glory in our high-res gallery of live images, and feel free to peruse the press release after the break.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lincoln, by Alienware.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Or just remove what appear to be 8 bolts holding the X brace in.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
BMAston Z370.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

angryhampster posted:

Explorer
Mountaineer
Aviator

Well consider me schooled, I always knew the first two were the same but for some reason the Aviator was always just "Baby Navigator" to me, and I'm usually the one to point out cross pollination to my friends.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Devyl posted:

I'm pretty opposed to the car in general, as it's your run-of-the-mill "car by manufacturer" relying on a legacy of a famous name.

Counterpoint, it's the first time I've felt excitement over a Chrysler product in I don't know how long because cars need cool names like the Demon, RoadRunner, and Valiant. Not the Mercelexiniti GQEX42069. It's a sign things are moving back to where they belong.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ok, my dad owned a Dart when I was little and I've craved one ever since :colbert:

Happy now?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

law abiding rapist posted:

Just think of it as rear cabin storage space, not real seats.

Still more useable than the SC430.

Oooooor the Jag XK.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Personally I feel that word should be saved for anything with a TVR in front of it's name.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

oRenj9 posted:

I think the S2000 was more of a replacement for the Prelude.

I think the S2000 was more of a replacement for the S600.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Some of the worst rearward visibility of any car I've ever been in, for one.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

grover posted:

Of course, it's a natural progression: when you're driving that loving slow, you need to do something to stay sane.

Thats why Im typically tuggin one out in the righthand lane.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah space. Someone post that pic of the ford 302 next to the dohc one out of the Lincoln. Im on my phone right now and cant seem to find it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
On topic for last page's RamChat :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That's sitting on level ground after the tow truck backed it into the bay. All things considered, driver was a stone cold pimp.