Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Love the new Ferrari but I thought the back was a bit too 'swoopy', so...

It's a shame I suck at photoshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

It's got jowls. Jowls!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Has the New Beetle been on sale continuously since it was introduced? I haven't noticed many. Doubt this will make much of an impact.

You might say he gave it a fayzed butt.

heh. And I will continue to defend my redesign as at least I like it and that's good enough for me :colbert:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

just look at those fuckin wheels

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

eames posted:

2012 1 series

:saddowns:

BMW's styling has always been hit or miss, but this is a loving abomination. I generally consider the 6 and X series the real "misses" but this piece of poo poo is in a league of its own. God drat.

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 4, 2011

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Holy poo poo, rotary lovers! To be honest this isn't actually a car, but you, yes, YOU could have a little baby-sized rotary engine chargin' your gadgets!

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/06/tiny-rotary-engines-could-power-gadgets-with-gasoline/

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

this is me: :snoop:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Guys, the Veloster Turbo specs just leaked.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

jvick posted:

Neither did I, wonder how it extracts engine data. I would assume it eats up battery like a meth addict.

I doubt it does; probably uses GPS to determine speed and give directions.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Yeah but what about that warranty?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Yes?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Thwomp posted:

I can't not see a Dodge badged 300 with a trunk cover when I look at a Magnum. It's just :psyduck:

Well, I mean, that is what it is.

edit: GODAMINT

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

That looks fantastic.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

I can't ever keep that story straight. What source came out and said that?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/16/report-dodge-originally-developed-sls-amg-to-be-next-gen-viper/

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Not really a NEW new car but still new...ish.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/01/morgan-launches-3-wheeler-in-gulf-livery/

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Listen, it's better than the old Fortwo, and the PT Cruiser, and the Aztek.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

To be honest, it's the tech and the interior that are i3's main redeeming features

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

It's been 15 minutes, let the bitching photoshopping commence! Sure, Jaguar might sue em for Taillight Infringement but I think the Miata's rear lights would look a heck of a light better if they had 'eyelids'

link to less lovely copy on my own hosting: http://48twenty.com/miata.jpg

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 4, 2014

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

blk posted:

Ugh that Cheby turqoise.

poo poo that's like 1980s calculator watch indiglo

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

You don't want paddle shifters on a $35k car

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Powershift posted:

ford is saying to expect "450-500hp" and more than 434ft/lbs of torque for the new raptor, too. There is a really god chance of a sub-5 second 0-60.

And that's the 3rd most interesting vehicle ford announced today.

I've made some annotations to this image. Hopefully I'm pretty close.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

How many pounds are in a ton?

gently caress me

im a graphic designer, not a loving guy who knows about Things

ok guys

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Bumming Your Scene posted:

What's heavier? A ton of nickels or a ton of feathers?

Nothing ever happened. I will be notifying the Mods to delete the last 5 posts and modify everyone's memories accordingly.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

So the Americans have had their fun with 60s and 70s style retro muscle cars, now it's time to bring back box flares from the 80s.

Audi's got a good start. I thought this was an R8 at first, but no, it's the Audi TT clubsport turbo technology concept car

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

this is just design/aesthetics-wise. That said the dash, wheel and door trim are also hideous on the 300

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Do you just not like clocks or something?

Hahaha, apparently. The 300C's clock is an ugly ovaloid surrounded by more ugly ovals. To counteract the nice, clean lines of the exterior? The Genesis's clock aint so bad but is surrounded by a shitton of buttons and way too many dials.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Olds still use cds and analog clocks in cars are the epitome of class and style.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Toyota must be stopped.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Whaddya know, Nissan can still do restrained automobile design. I would even say this thing looks good.

But they've forgotten how to paint a car:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Wheeee posted:

One is a big fat coupe with big fat handling and big fat engines, and one is a knife-sharp compact coupe that drives like a racier Miata and has a wheezy little Subaru engine.

I hate to tell you this but the Miata is faster than the GT-86

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLtw2z_mZ6w&hd=1&t=60s

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 1, 2015

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

It's a real loving problem that the general public doesn't share the same aesthetic views on automobiles as you and I. If I were president I'd mandate that only coupes, estates and shooting brakes may be sold in this great country of ours. (Not counting commercial vehicles of course)

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Here you go

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Bajaha posted:

That's all well and good, but how the hell does the door glass seal on the rear window. Must be the loudest car at speed this side of an old frameless door Subaru. Wonder what the watered down production one is going to look.

The frames probably fold away.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

El Scotch posted:

The XC90 will sweetly caress your buttocks.

Don't you mean gently caress?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't like electric cars or self-driving automation.

:waycool:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Pcos Bill has an AR15 with the words "make america great again" engraved on it. It's really better to not bother trying to debate with him.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

A Porsche station wagon just seems so wrong. :sigh:

wrong. Or at least not nearly as bad as an SUV

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

MarsellusWallace posted:

Might be the ///Type R/// you're thinking of, the Si styling isn't terribly over the top. Finally got my finances in order enough to afford a new car while maintaining proper savings cushion, drove a civic hatchback with the stickshift, really liked it (literally everything but the high-ish cabin noise) found out there's literally no way to get a stick with Android Auto and a hatchback :saddowns: guess I'll wait until next year? Maybe the Elantra GT will be pretty good? What the hell Honda, take my goddamn money

Pretty sure that Type R is the only way to get what you want. Too bad it's hideous and expensive

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Who said design by committee works?

Management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

kill me now posted:

Is it really any worse than (FORD)?

The ford logo is classic as gently caress