Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

Twerk from Home posted:

I just moved to a state with no safety inspections of any type, and I now have a new appreciation for how valuable an annual check that your tires don't have steel belts showing and you have working lights on your car is worth.

The poo poo that I see on the road here blows my mind.

Yeah, moving from a state with safety inspections (Texas) to a state without safety inspections (California) it definitely helps. I've seen lots of crumpled in half cars driving diagonally in California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

I think CA's bi-annual emissions inspections keep the average car in better shape than safety inspections but I'd definitely prefer both.

Yeah, in Texas emissions is a county by county thing, if you live in a city you have a yearly safety and emissions inspection otherwise just the safety inspection.