Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

That new grille is terrible. The rear badging is probably pretty decent looking body colored. Even though Ram has the powerwagon, showing that thing off while Ford has the new Raptor is a pretty big disappointment. Ford is really bringing it this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

davebo posted:

I don't know if my sarcasm meter is off or not. Is that glass roof one massive panel that's light enough to actually remove, or are there cutouts you remove, or does this not have targa tops at all?

Two glass panels that you remove.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

That guy's entire channel is one fail after another. It's actually fun to watch in a sadistic kind of way.

Instructed by youtube and built by Harbor Freight. It's an endearing disaster. I can't wait until he starts on the Lotus. That thing is three kinds of hosed.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Needs a giant pair of kidneys on the tailgate.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

BMW source material:

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Ford gassing the police seems like solidarity to me.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Steve French posted:

I imagine the gear shift lever on the lower trim levels with the front bench seat (the clear correct option) is still on the column. Pretty funny that they didn't just repurpose that for the higher trims with the table poo poo. My 2014 is a column shifter

Nope, center passenger has to scoot over to change gears. Accidentally deploying the gear shift just punches him in the dick.

(bench seats are in fact the best)

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

I love the 8" screen and crank windows.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Honestly I think this looks better than what BMW is doing.

It definitely looks better than the suburban. Gotta email your resume to Mike Manley, powershift.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Well then... :drat:

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

MrChips posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLcf6BfG9eU

Someone must have cut some Ambien into the cocaine supply at Lambo HQ; this promo video is, uhh...something...

Which exec's nephew is this and what's his soundcloud?

ThinkFear fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 2, 2022

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

BrownieVK posted:

I had a 2014 FJ cruiser with a manual and it was VERY capable off-road. I would put it on par with a Sasquatched Bronco. They are both IFS with front and rear lockers.
The issue I had with the FJ is the motor. It's reliable yes but you had to rev the piss out of it to make power even with it being a large displacement V6 the Bronco 2.3(especially with a Ford Performance tune)
Makes tons of torque down low and has a much smoother gearbox. The crawler gear +low range is just amazing.

My Bronco two door black diamond has:
-The front window is broken and rattles constantly
-The entire back cargo area panels vibrate over any small bump
-The hardtop is leaking in multiple areas
-The driver and passenger seat both are "loose" and you can shake them and they move almost like the brackets are broken
-There is a nasty vibration in the front that is not tire or wheel related. More than likely the trans or a half shafts (most annoying issue by far)
-Tons of issues with Sync4 and android auto
-Exhaust leaks and rattles of the inlet pipe off of the CAT
-one of the washout plugs in the back seat area doesn't lead to the outside of the vehicle

There's more I'm sure I'm forgetting. We have about 4800 miles on it now.

Sounds like they nailed the jeep ownership experience.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Pretty sure it's that marsblog guy that wanted someone to volunteer their kid to be definitely not ran over by a tesla.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

At least it's thematically consistent with the Flavor Flav rear end speedos they've had since BMW bought mini.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Serious kit car vibes, yeah. Even if quality at scale is poo poo, how is that the vehicle you show off. gently caress 10 microns, 10 millimeters would be generous.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Ram dethroned by superior German engineering alcoholism.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Couple of execs at motortrend chuckling nervously right now.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Dumb truck stuff, but I think it looks decent, better than the Raptor Ranger.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/uh-oh-we-badly-want-new-ford-ranger-ms-rt

Slam it, you cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pentastar V6 announced at a later date to take care of the boots, and the cops.

The new Charger is a liftback in all forms, and it's a big car: 206.6" long (5247mm) and 79.8" wide (2026mm). The only cars as big as the new Charger are the full-size luxury sedans, e.g. S-Class, Genesis G90.

.2" shy of needing clearance lights. :btroll: The widebody is going to be something.