Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

If yall hadn't heard, the Fiat 500 is coming to America:
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/02/hallelujah-the-fiat-500-is-coming/
Hopefully it will be much cheaper than the Mini (so that it can sell) and still be profitable for Fiat/Chrysler.

If the Mexicans build it right, I'd buy one. Also the Ford Fiesta, that's being built in Mexico too, which is my only reservation on that car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008
The "too many headlights" disease has spread to Europe, oh yay!

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/05/citroen-c4-picasso-arrives-lighter-roomier-and-euro-6-approved/

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

Admirable Gusto posted:

Astons are hardly lacking in the perfect machine made dick department

I prefer the "Power Ranger Leg" comparison

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

No 6 wagon in North America, though...not even in Canada, where we got the old 6 wagon.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

At first I thought you had just photoshopped out the headlights, as it looks...odd somehow, from this angle at least.

At least it makes the front of that thing looks a little better.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008
CAFE's classifications of vehicles are one of the (several) reasons there are so many more SUV and "crossover" models in North America now rather than more small, super-efficient cars. If it can get a "light truck" designation, then it doesn't have to get as good fuel economy to meet CAFE standards. A small hatchback, however, has to get much better fuel economy in order to meet the CAFE standards for it's size class - compact/subcompact/whatever it's called. Since it's easier and cheaper for automakers to just make slightly more efficient crossovers with tall cruising gears, and since people will buy them, that's what we get.

At least, that's how I understand it. I think this topic came up some time ago.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize CAFE had changed.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

Devyl posted:

I haven't driven one of the new models but I have driven an older one. Aside from the initial fear of dying in a fiery ball of metal and gas, it was one of the most exciting cars I've driven in a long time.

Are you secretly Jeremy Clarkson?

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

fknlo posted:

I have a 2013 Golf TDI. So, the same interior quality as the sportwagen. Rattles galore.

Oh, good. I thought it was just me. My 2011 Golf TDI rattles like crazy too.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

sadnessboner posted:

The Lexus RC F Debuted:
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/57991/lexus-rcf-revealed-in-new-leaked-images

No confirmation on power yet; just Lexus' vague statement that the RC F will offer "well above 330kW".

Daytime running lights brought to you by Nike!

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

It's terrifying how accurate this is...

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

KakerMix posted:

So that awesome-as-heck Polestar V60 from Volvo is inching closer to release here in the USA. There are only going to be 120 of both the S60 and V60 versions brought here. Second, Canadians got a price listed for theirs (although it's not available in Rebel Blue) and it's higher than I thought it would be.

No Rebel Blue? Ugh, what's the point, then? :canada:

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

fknlo posted:

The low end torque is awesome.

This. Even on my golf TDI, the torque is wonderful. Sure, it doesn't pull hard immediately when I floor it, but that surge forward as the turbo boost builds is addictive.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

fknlo posted:

Yeah, except my Golf is way more fun to drive than any of the gas equivalents I test drove.

This. The gas engines from VW (at least, the 2.5L 5cyl VW puts used to put in their NA Golf/Jetta) I tried felt totally gutless. Granted, I didn't try the 2.0L TSI from the GTI. The massive lump of torque from the TDI engine is such a blast to play with. The rest of the rev range is pretty much useless, but it puts such a smile on my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008
Wow, that is the first time in a long, LONG while that I've seen a Civic and thought "I want that". If Honda has the balls to make the production model look like that, I will be seriously impressed.