Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Jaguar don't make anything interesting these days because it doesn't behoove them to. They make cars for American dentists who call them "jawg-wars" and for fat blokes from Sheffield who ask if you've seen "me new Jag outside" and talk about the good trade in price they got for the Mondeo that preceeded it.

I shot a corporate video once in Leeds or Sheffield (all the same to me) and it had one guy off Phoenix Nights and a local radio personality and all they did was compare the £ value of their "Jag" and "beemer" and now much they'd saved on it.

The north :(

echoplex fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 10, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Linedance posted:

you could make the same criticism about them when they came out with the XJ220.

Yeah, they tried doing something interesting and then no-one bought them, so lesson learned there.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
I know the "GTR IZ HUEG" thing has been done to death but I was overtaken by one the other day and it's loving massive, it was taller than the Scirocco and naturally it was wider than the Punto that it overtook next but I'd swear it was the same height or taller.

It's not even like it's design is appropriate for it's size - other supercars are huge, but their size isn't what stands out, it's the style or design - but the key factor with the GTR is that it's a hoofing great car that looks like it was a normal car blown up by about 20%.

I saw one parked next to one of the newer Bentley coupés and the size disparity wasn't as huge as you'd think.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Mr. Apollo posted:

The GTR is basically the same size as a Ford Mustang or Chevrolet Corvette. I guess compared to a Ferarri or Lamborghini it's large, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

In this country a Ferarri or Lamborghini is considered a "large" car due to width/length or overall footprint (4x4s and that not withstanding). The Mustang is also seen as a bit of a bloater too by comparison.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Didn't see new the Lamborghini Aventador posted anywhere here.

Not really fussed about the specs, but it looks a lot like a Murcielago with some leftover Reventon bits. I like the depth around the door windows/wider flanks and I guess you can only do SO much with a large mid-engined car shape... it's just a bit similar. The Murcielago was a nice upgrade from the Diablo, much cleaner and more hi-tech (and less cheap and wobbly looking), and the Gallardo at the time was pretty much all new looking.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
I never thought I'd say this, but the new Astra is a gorgeous, very tidy car. Even the 5 door looks pretty drat good.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

rscott posted:

That 3/4 front render looks awful. Everything else is kind of nice though so maybe it's just perspective?

Late, but it looks like it's a parallel projection rather than an actual perspective as we'd see it, which is why it looks odd (I think)

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

KozmoNaut posted:

They've become the standard go-to company car to replace the Mondeo over here, so there's like a million billion of them on the road, all driven by wankers.

This is my experience, too.

That estate is much nicer than the hatch/sedan/whatever it is.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Hashal posted:

Crossfire.

My inner 6-year old wants to pretend that that's some kind of awesome escape hatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Ferrari LaFerrari:

It's... interesting.