Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE
Have you guys heard about the new Toyota Ford SUV? It even comes in Silver! Must be a secret new model they're testing during Car Week.

Fatal Crash near Laguna Seca

[/sarcasm]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE
I thought that was a Ford or a Holden at first...

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Considering it's hand built the answer is somewhere between "gently caress no" and :lol:
Not to mention it's ugly as sin and they'd probably sell less than 10 world wide.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE
Has anyone heard of this BMW ActiveE 1 series? From the little research I was able to do on my phone it looks like an all electric version of the 1. According to Wikipedia they're only being tested right now. The 10 or so I saw all looked to be driven by people in their mid-late 20's. Not a whole lot of info on BMW's website.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

I was looking at it on my phone so maybe it was lot of flash (?) but not much was popping up when I clicked on stuff. I'll check it out when I get home. All the cars I saw were in a line not near the BMW holding lot for the port. Not sure where they'd be going since it was a very rural road. Definitely not trying to raise awareness - probably the opposite.

jvick fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 2, 2011

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

Guinness posted:

Ah yeah, it's almost all Flash, that's probably why.

Looks like a neat car, I think it's primarily field testing for technology they'll be implementing in their upcoming i3 and i8 cars.

I signed up for the waiting list to be a Lessee. One of my concerns is having to pay $100 for a consultation on the install of a charging station (which can be applied to the cost of the install). The other concern I have is the annual allotted mileage. I didn't see it clearly listed anywhere when I was reading through, though it's probably hidden in the fine print somewhere. I drive a few hundred miles per week, so hopefully I'll be a qualified candidate...

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

Mr.Peabody posted:

BMW has finally made a car that I don't think looks like Amy Winehouse. It's not exactly without borrowed inspiration in its design, but I'm just happy they gave up on the stupid curvy headlamps. So much better this way.

I was wondering when BMW was going to make a model to compete in this segment. It looks good. I'm glad they kept cues from the front end of the current 6 series. It's the only decent part of probably the ugliest BMW ever produced. I think the A7 trumped the MBZ with its styling and technology. It seems like the bimmer will give the Audi a run for its money.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

Throatwarbler posted:

Maybe it's more correct to call the A7 a "liftback". This is far more time than I've ever spent thinking about these boring old man cars.

Blasphemy! I'm 27 and would rock the A7 all day long... Walk into a dealer and just sit in one and tell me you wouldn't. If you can test drive one and tell me you wouldn't, I'd take away your AI card...

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

Robawesome posted:

Well, poo poo. Did not know those existed, sounds pretty cool.

Neither did I, wonder how it extracts engine data. I would assume it eats up battery like a meth addict.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

ynotony posted:

I like the concept, but if they had made it creepier and eerie rather than a comedy piece it would get a lot more respect from me.

This Audi new spot is much better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IGmCKxTgSrI

Being into fishing, I thought this commercial was amazing! I laughed pretty good the first time I saw it. Made me want to go buy a Quattro right then and there!

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

asmallrabbit posted:

I really like the LED lights on the Audis, it was a neat thing like the halo lights on the BMWs. Now that everyone is copying it, it's really annoying.
I agree it's already getting plate out by everyone, but I like that picture of the viper. The most annoying LED's to me are Chrysler's on the 300.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE
Is that standard practice for them before a model change?