Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Spoiler alert: Blood Ravens are actually Hiigarans who got sucked into the warp, were sent back in time to fight in WWII against the Panzer Elite, then stole a nazi time machine to go into the future and save mankind from an army of Lobster-Elephants and other impossible creatures.

Rated R.

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Those are the coolest seats I've ever seen.

Carry on.

The design used for MKV's are cooler IMO

Best picture I could find

Every part where two or more colours interesct there is a fuzzy bit.:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Spoiler alert: Blood Ravens are actually Hiigarans who got sucked into the warp, were sent back in time to fight in WWII against the Panzer Elite, then stole a nazi time machine to go into the future and save mankind from an army of Lobster-Elephants and other impossible creatures.

Rated R.

Preoptopus posted:

That looks like pure evil. I would kill for one of those.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.
I love hatches but I really wish they would make AWD or RWD variants instead of the same old FWD torque steer machines. For the money the RS500 costs i'd look into something RWD or AWD any day as 350hp going to the front wheels is just begging to be driven into a tree.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

wav3form posted:

R32 fits that bill but it's not 300 hp though that can be taken care of with a bit of cash.

The R32 is not available in Canada. :canada:
Having said that though I do really want one.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

InitialDave posted:

Either way, I hope someone expands on this test to demonstrate high speed Scandinavian flicks in a full-size SUV, because that sounds awesomely entertaining. :dance:

Here you go

It's not a scientific test at all. But I imagine the results would be the same.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

So Honda is apparently going to discontinue their hybrid models in Canada because of disappointing sales.

I'm as shocked as you are that it wasn't the Crosstour. How about a real wagon for a country that buys lots of them, Honda? Maybe with all the money you save not updating the Civic you could also put some double wishbones in it next time.

It's like watching Nissan self-destruct all over again, but this time the French aren't involved and the Fit is actually a decent small car. Maybe the Fiesta will force North American Honda to try and actually revise something.

I saw a crosstour at the gas station the other day. It look like Honda took an Accord , put it in a photocopier and hit 150%. Then jacked it up about 6". I think the problem with the crosstour is that you don't know what it's supposed to be, It's too high off the ground to be a wagon, but too small to be an SUV, and too long to be a sedan.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

Pseudonym posted:

I think it's gorgeous, though it looks an awful lot like the Fisker Karma.

What I see when I look at the Fisker Karma:

What I see when I look like the current Mazda3:

I think the new Kodo design looks cool though, it doesn't instantly remind me of anything other than a car, I'm not too sure about those sharp angles next to the grill but that probably won't make it into any production cars (pedestrian collision laws and whatnot)

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

grover posted:

The new CEO of Porsche has put the brakes on the cajun and baby boxster, and may kill both.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6719643/news/report-new-porsche-ceo-may-scrap-cajun-suv-baby-boxster/index.html

quote:

Earlier this year, reports suggested the new model could be powered by a 250-horsepower, forced-induction flat-four-cylinder, and share an architecture with its Volkswagen and Audi corporate siblings.

Wasn't this tried once before already?

Oh right.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.
Yes, that one.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

Baby Hitler posted:

Only 911 purists hate it. And the 912. And the 1976 912E.

:smug:: Hello, I'd like to buy a Porsche-ah
:smugdog:: Certainately sir! What colour would you like your 911?

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

I love reading about cars and car technology but I also can't wait to finish school and move into the city so I never have to worry about buying/paying for/maintaining one again. Plus there's break-ins, vandalism, finding parking, lovely drivers, etc.

I live in the city and honestly I only drive my car once a week to get to my parents place and to pick up groceries. I can't be bothered to do it for anything else. As much as I love cars I hate all the bullshit that goes with them. All I want is a racecar and use public transportation for everything else.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

grover posted:

This will be like that frustrating "feature" on my riding lawnmower that forces me to push a button before backing up, isn't it? Not that pushing a button forces me to look backwards... in fact, quite the opposite. I end up looking at the button instead of looking at what's behind me.

Now, people are going to be looking at the camera, and not actually looking BACK where their peripheral vision would see kids running towards them, etc. These had better be some damned good cameras.

If the cameras come with fisheye lenses on them I will be supremely happy.

I love fisheye lenses.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.
You're all ugly, that Ferrari is gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

Throatwarbler posted:

Oh it's an "alternative", all right. :rimshot:

EDIT:

There's a mile long traffic jam in Texas because In-and-out just opened a location.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/15/texas-motorists-a-little-overexcited-about-first-in-n-out-burger/

I wish they would come here, InO is delicious. :smith:

It's just a hamburger. Can't you people wait a few days? or just go once the hype has died down?