Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Toyota has an excellent, effective new marketing campaign, check out the commercials!
http://www.toyota.com/corollamiku/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
The hood crease going to/from the Lincoln badge :psyduck: Thanks, brand managers.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
"what's the cheapest way to make this poo poo look expensive?" Thankfully, VWvortex is battling the wave of plastichrome with plastidip spray. I like that $15k cars are riddled with plastichrome, LEDzzz under headlamps and bangle butts because luxury car makers Did A Thing in 2005.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009

Matlock posted:

Via Jalopnik:

Painted into their own corner, Chevy decides to release an upscaled Miata and a more boring Veloster.

It's as if the ~2008 Audi came out and every designer liked its angular front airdam, flat-faced fenders and LEDZZ under headlights. Those cues are now on the Toyobaru, Kia Rio, Jetta, new Ford Taurus, concept cars :psyduck:

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009

Coredump posted:

poo poo while you mention it, bring back the digital dashes. The Subaru

XT dash modernized? YYYESSS.

Check out the Honda CRZ's dash and gauge cluster :) Some guy at Honda must have an XT turbo or Camaro Berlinetta. I think Honda will sell a strictly gas engined CRZ after the toyobaru ignites a rice craze.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009

sanchez posted:

High beltlines and cars with built in DVD players makes make wonder if the current generation of kids will grow up and have no clue how to drive anywhere. It must suck being stuck in the back unable to look out and actually see anything.

Automakers already complain that the millennial generation isn't buying and that they care more about their cellphones than driving. I guess they're right because driving for most people terrible and tedious; getting stuck in traffic, going to walmart and getting hosed at the dealer when buying or servicing a car. Not to mention that anything having to do with cars (roads, highways, gas stations etc) is dirty, ugly and depressing.

My personal conspiracy theory is that the high beltlines and seats, coffin interior, angry face front ends and GPS DVD Twitter distractions of new cars are partly there to shut out the surroundings because they're so cluttered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
The 2013 Ford Escape has about 16 cupholders and you can change the lighting of some with MyFordTouch.

Personally, I'm holding out for when automakers install one of those bar soda guns and the car can order fast food for you (~MY2015.)