Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

david_a posted:

Have you sat in a Stinger? I assumed it would be more or less identical, room-wise. I figured I couldn’t fit in it anyway. :(

Haven't sat in a stinger yet. Was headroom ok for you?
I found i could fit about 2 fingers between the roof and my head in the G70 but could fit 4 in the G80.
I'm cursed in that I don't fit in smaller cars but my parking space won't fit anything bigger than a civic comfortably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

CornHolio posted:

JESUS loving CHRIST

"make it look like the Predator, like a Lexus"

"OK now with a cleft palate"

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

"Classic analog gauges"

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Charles posted:

I really hate PWM lights because I can see them flicker and nobody else can. People think I'm nuts but it drives me crazy. :(

I gotta say that's an underwhelming superpower.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

My first car was a Ford Ranger.
It served little purpose except to help my friends and family move or transport things.
Never again.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Well it's all America's fault for pushing Suzuki out of the market.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

It doesn't have the gravitas of the old 8 series.
I just looks like a longer 4 series tbh.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Well at least we can't accuse BMW of abandoning the sedan or coupe segment.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Speaking of non traditional sales, I saw a Genesis G70 pop up shop the other day at the Toronto airport.

I was really impressed.

The cabin is put together beautifully and the machine has a wide, low aggressive stance in the flesh.

They should have hired Richard Attenborough to do the commmercials because they spared no expense.

What really got me interested was the price is all in including 5yrs of maintenance. No bullshit doc fee, PDI, no shipping fee. They ship it directly to your door and will pick it up for servicing and drop off a loaner. You don't step foot into a dealership.

Comparing trim levels and factoring in the maintenance and no fees these things are 10-20k CAD less than the Germans.

I guess the the only thing that gave me pause was the panel gaps:

Pretty wide but consistent. I guess a darker color would hide that.

I haven't even driven it yet and I'm sold.I'm not an enthusiast driver, but I demand thrust.
After getiing reamed on my S4 I want to give these guys a shot.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

davebo posted:

I really can't tell if this is worse or just equally bad. I mean it's smaller, but it's... weirder.

So a design committee in Honda collectively agreed that 2 huge panels of fake black honeycomb for the rear bumper was a good idea?

smooth jazz fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 17, 2018

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's a BMW engine because Toyota don't make inline 6s anymore and BMW makes the best ones. Rest is all 'yota.

Per the latest spyshots the interior is mainly BMW parts bin.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Looks mostly BMW in here, unless the interior is a mockup and the car is still 2 years out which is a possibility.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

So apparently the vents on the new Supra are fake. Just LOL.

per Jalopnik and R&T.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

A 40k Ranger. Guess they need to make up for all the sedans they're not selling.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

We will see the Z4 mid cycle refresh before the Supra unveiling.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

BloodBag posted:

Seconded. Sometimes I'll see an elderly lady driving a blue one of these and I feel compelled to buy it off her just so I can have my first car that was only mine again. What a fine, clean design it is too.

This was also my first car, 1987 Camry in Burgandy.
The only issue was the black trim piece on the rear quarter paneks rusted off (bet yours did too).

In hindsight , yes a wonderful car, in and out.

Crashed it when i was 18 like an idiot, car to car snowball fighting.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Even Audi's expensive cars are so incredibly boring looking these days... The R8 has just become so clean and 'perfect' in terms of lines and form that it's now just really boring to look at. Same goes from everything downstream of it too. They definitely have a style now but it's just snoresville to look at

Audi design is for people with crippling OCD.
I really admire.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Kraftwerk posted:

I like Audi’s designs. The B9 A4/A5 is a clean and crisp design.

The best part is the uninterrupted line around the car that makes the a pillar, quarter panel and hood gap practically seamless.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Powershift posted:

babby bronco leaked.

A lot boxier than the teaser suggested. Seems to be aimed at the Jeep Renegade.

It can lap the Burgerking in 7.24

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

The sedan looks good. reminds me if an older Alfa Romeo for some reason.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

opengl128 posted:

It will be FWD, optional hybrid, CVT only, 4 doors, oh and also a crossover. Enjoy.

Prelude X Cross Crosstour AllWeather

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

KakerMix posted:

Corolla I understand, but when I see a silver Equinox or Aveo that's when I ask the hard questions like "why?"

Because 84 months @0% financing and several thousand dollars on the hood.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Applebees Appetizer posted:

She bought an LS460 today :v:

2011 in pearl white with tan interior, one owner, 26k miles, and $28k OTD.

She said it blew the Genesis away, kinda glad she's staying with Lexus actually.

Just LOL at that dealer who lost the sale by trying to nickel and dime you on the Genesis.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Tacomas are for Somali technicals and ISIS terror troops.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

The problem is 99% of big grilles these days are mostly blanked off.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

The polar opposite was the 1st gen Q45. Doesn't look that hot, either.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

This is an OEM Toyota grille.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Lol. Such a shame because it's a nice car otherwise.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I donated 10 bucks to a Savagegeee livestream to ask what the best new car for no squeaks and rattles under 40k usd. He said Golf R and new Avalon.

What do goons say?

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

You can just answer the question yourself by going to a dealer and driving cars though?

All my car interiors are nice and tight when new but loosen up over time. Legacy, Focus ST, Audi S4...
Wondering if there's better.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

KakerMix posted:

You better believe if I wanted an 'aw gently caress this'-sort of car that I didn't want to fuss about or mess with at all it would be a Lexus. It's like cheating.

my ''aw gently caress this' car is a GS350, but holy goddamn is it ugly from every angle.

smooth jazz fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 24, 2019

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

gently caress people who name their cars. Cringiest poo poo ever.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I was thinking about people who give their cars cars girlfriend names like clAUDIa or STacy. gently caress those people.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

My current daily driver is the Mercury Grand Marquis de Sade.

Acceptable.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

has anyone drive the new stupid peugeot interiors where they have a sub diameter steering wheel and the instrument cluster mounted above it and spread to the sides a bit, so you're not supposed to look through the wheel to see the instrument cluster

it sucks rear end

I've never had a car where I could see the entire instrument cluster after adjusting the steering wheel properly.

Peugeot's got a good idea here, fight me.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Goddamn when will the big wheel/ no sidewall trend end???

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

smooth jazz posted:

Goddamn when will the big wheel/ no sidewall trend end???

It's like wheel size is inversely proportional to infrastructure maintenance

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

Volvo following the Toyota Century example and going Full Wool

This loving owns. Hope they sell tons.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Peugeot returning to North America bitchez

I'll take my 508 in burgundy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU