Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

-Blackadder- posted:

If I don't get an MX-5 next year, I'm getting a Gen Coupe. I love these cars, I hope they stick around, but they probably will follow the 240sx out of the US pretty quick. Everyone in DFW seems to prefer the Mustang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

sanchez posted:

Why would you get one over a Mustang? The interior is less offensive but that's about all I can think of.

Honestly, everyone in DFW has a Mustang. Everyone. Being able to find my car at the mall is worth the extra bucks.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Hell loving yes.

drat, I love Mazda.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

InitialDave posted:

There's some photos up on Jay Leno's site of the Rossi 66. Normally, I don't like the "classic rebodied" Corvette thing, but this actually looks kind of cool:

Reminds me of the Alfa Romeo Montreal as much as anything.

:drat:
I'm not a huge fan of retro styling, but that looks amazing.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

Cream_Filling posted:

Who knows? Maybe by 2015 or whatever, this will be the start of a new roadster fad and even Hyundai and Kia will put out affordable Solstice/Sky cousins at 20k or under.

Surprised it hasn't been posted yet:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/265831/kias_mx5_rival_revealed.html

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

Well. One one hand, this is pretty awesome, but on the other hand, that's going to postpone the next gen Miata by four years, making the NC 10-11 years old by the time the NDs start rolling out. I suppose they could just pull another NB to smooth things out a bit.

I'd bet anything the new MX-5 comes out next year, with a refresh 3-4 years later when the Alfas hit. I don't think Mazda can delay the new Miata anymore if they want to hold onto their market share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Tell that to the idots who buy the trucks; I'm constantly having to wait for them to slowly crawl over a one inch bump, while I power over them in a Miata.