Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

leica posted:

The Nails concept is awesome and I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Is the Camaro as big as it looks? In photos it always seems very portly.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That is possibly the lamest thing I've ever seen on a car. It's just so unbelievably tacky. The fact it comes as an option on the car is amazing. Can you get that poo poo taken out because I'd be embarrassed.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Throatwarbler posted:

So you've never seen a (for example) Range Rover? Lots of cars have them.

I work at a place that has business ties with JLR and I'm yet to see it on them. I'll make a point of looking out for them now though, it just seems like a really weird, pointless thing to add on to a car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Best part of being an intern at that dealership was the V8 F-Type start up sound. Someone found an excuse to move the cars around every second day.

They sound loving amazing at full chat too, genuinely one of the best V8 noises I've heard in a long time. I'd love to have a job just working on engine notes...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That looks like the bastard son of a Ford Mondeo and a Saab 95.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

if that old Chally was parked next to a period 'Cuda you get almost the same effect

...and the current Challenger would look as big as Jupiter...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Beep beep!

You could fit two AZ-1s in that thing...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

General Wiggles posted:

If those two got in a head-on crash, I think the GMC would just run that little thing over and crush the occupants neatly. :stonk:

If you were driving the GMC I doubt you'd even notice if you'd ran over the AZ-1.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Not durable? Tell that to these scaffolders...

...it's still used to this day to put buildings up.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

You guys are all insane that bamboo look horrendous. INSANE!

GAR-BAGE DICK

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I kinda love it, kinda hate it. That's indifference, right?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The 'rebel' on the back of the Ram just shows what kinda market they're aiming for.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It also looks like the car of someone who's been on ebay and bought a whole load of extra stick on words to put next to the model name.

911Targa4GTS

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Totally agree with this. The TV commercial for it shows those same colors on the interior and I was pretty impressed. What I couldn't figure out, however, was why in the gently caress you would want a minivan that looks that nice when you're going to fill it with horrible creatures that will fill it full of sticky snacks and beverages.

I've always thought that the ideal minivan layout would be:

Pilot and co-pilot have great amenities. Heated/cooled/massaging seats, navigation, adaptive cruise, blah blah
Everything behind the first two seats is a sealed metal box with barely enough airholes to sustain the life of those encased inside it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

dissss posted:

The reason I like the 6 so much is it does a great job of not looking slab sided like all the other sedans (and that Audi) posted

Aside from the front that Fusion looks fairly similar to the 2006 Mondeo

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks this, I was sat here going "it's just an old Mondeo, it's boring looking now"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Through squinted eyes this looks like a Mercedes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Civic R is the nicest a Civic has looked since about 2003 (assuming the US got the same ones as the UK did). The regular Civic these days ain't that pretty. :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I want the option of driving a deathtrap with a nice, low, 90s-looking beltline.

:unsmigghh::respek::unsmigghh:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That first 3/4 shot... daaaaaaaaaaaamn; the back end on that thing is loving future. I really like that. A lot. <3 (and this is coming from someone who hasn't liked a new Ferrari since the 90s)

I almost thought it had a motorized rear wing that popped up at speed but looking at the rear shot it's not the case. That would've been the poo poo.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 3, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

We should be able to do some freaky-rear end off the wall designs on electric cars...

Yup. I want to see designers push the boundaries of what we expect cars to look like. All those concept cars you've ever seen? Make them a reality. Push the boat out a little. I want to get an electric car that looks like I'm driving something out of a 90s computer game's idea of 'future', like the S class cars in Ridge Racer...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

PT6A posted:

I saw my first 500L in real life the other day -- it's certainly as gently caress-ugly as a Yugo, but I can't say how it drives. I like the normal 500, but the 500L is just hideous.

I shake my head every time I see one, it's just wrong.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I know someone with an earlier year Superb and gently caress me it's so comfortable. The back is like a loving limo, there's so much room. I think I remarked that I could get down behind the driver's seat and sit down on the floor with room to spare if I wanted. Really nice car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Kraftwerk posted:

Man where I came from we did poo poo the old fashioned way. There weren't any pussy childseats, I sat in my mom's lap until I was old enough to sit by myself in the back seat, without a fastened seatbelt in a country famous for horrible traffic accidents. I turned out fine. Yes that was very extreme and I'm not saying we should do that. But goddamn the North American obsession with putting their kids into a protective bubble and sheltering them from every imaginable and unimaginable danger.

This is why kids are complete fannies these days and it's hilarious.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Incredibly true. I'm basically the worst parent and get dirty looks all the time from our friends with kids because I do such horrible things like let my daughter climb on rocks and trees. :shrug:

I can't imagine how loving tedious life would be if I wasn't allowed to run around outside for hours and hours day after day until it got dark all summer long in my childhood. I mean I used to sit inside and play videogames or watch TV sometimes but being outside was so much more fun.

You are the best kind of parent.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tekne posted:

Koenigsegg bringing the heat.

1800bhp. :eyepop:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/koenigsegg-regera-revealed-geneva-motor-show-2015-03-03

I also love that the wheels are basically biohazard symbols.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sigma X posted:

Soooo, new Honda CTR. 306 turbocharged horsepower, 0-60 in 5.7, 167 MPH top speed, thirty thousand dollar price tag. Ugly as balls, or ugly as balls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FEOLGvHdDE

quote:

The mean front end, splitter and the vents down the side channel air down the side of the car for a more planted stance...

I'm sorry mate but what you said doesn't make any sense.

Also who the gently caress designed this thing? It gets uglier every year. The rear arches in particular are a crime against car design.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Everything about that car is cool as gently caress. The interior styling of the dials and such still looks modern and it's from 1963, it puts a lot of modern day manufacturers to shame.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Weird, a short-production run concept car that cost approximately $350k (2015 dollars) per example to build has a nice interior? Who would have thought?

I bet if you could buy a Chrysler that cost $350k to manufacture today that it would have a pretty loving nice interior.

I was referring to the styling. It doesn't take ca$hmoney to design something attractive.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cocoa Crispies posted:

It does take money to design something attractive and functional, and design choices can make it expensive to manufacture the thing.

...but again I was referring to the STYLING and suggesting it still looked great in the year of our lord 2015.

And if you want to know exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned the styling it was just the dials. These things look modern.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

See THAT thing is loving ugly.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's not 'new', just new to me. I found out today that there's a 'new' 2014 Daihatsu Copen kei car.

:3:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

You mean GT-R

Funny you should say that...

(this is an earlier Copen)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

He's not wrong about the styling though.

Looking cool >>>>>>>>>>>>>> mpg/safety.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I don't hate it but it seems like it's taken design cues from a dozen other marques/models and those 'cool dude sunglasses' rear lights are bad...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

What is it with cars having huge loving centre dividers like that? I can understand on low slung sports cars with an FR layout but this?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

So did they talk to Audi before just copying that back end or what?! Wow.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Seeing a fair few other cars in that Civic. I'll usually see a bit of something in a car but that just looks super derivative outside of the rear light bar. It's very 201*.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That Honda S660 looks cool as gently caress and it's so goddamn small... 125bhp out of one of those would be a riot considering video of people racing Beats, Cappucinos and AZ-1s look fun as all hell...

I suppose it's not really suited to the US market without a stack of power because all your roads are so loving boring to drive hence the whining. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Saw a Jaguar XJR earlier. 542.5bhp in a cruiser. It was a test mule, had all the lights taped up, it was super quick and made the best noise.

I've always been of the opinion that the lights on these are upside down. Would look better with the swoopy bit of the light at the bottom.