Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Hermansen posted:

Prices aren't revealed yet though, but it's a 1.4, how bad can they be?

With both a turbocharger AND a supercharger! :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Hermansen posted:

I guess that's why ze germans gets almost as much horsepower out of 1.4 liters, as americans do from 4.

There's no replacement for d

...oh yeah

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

InitialDave posted:

Sounds like a good basis for a work truck, but if it's mk1 Hilux, doesn't that mean leaf-sprung live axles are the order of the day? Might be a shock for people who've driven anything built in the last couple of decades.

If it's cheap, though, and can maintain at some of the Hilux's clean-up-after-the-apocalypse reputation, it could do well with people who want a proper work vehicle.

Once the assuredly-cheaply made body panels all rot off, I hope you can't tell the difference between this and a 30 year old Hilux, ignoring the engine. That would be just great.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001
Having the headlights larger than the grille makes it look like some animu O_O thing. Or something, it definitely looks downsy.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001
While I love me some turbo V6es, I just don't understand why. They could easily get the same power and better economy from a LSwhatever, and it would probably cost less in manufacturing, too. And probably be lighter. Why? Also, it's weird that lut of 4 engines, only one is NA, in the CTSes nowadays. Crazy times, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Sole Survivor posted:

My best guess is that GM is using a Twin Turbo V6 in the CTS to differentiate it from the Chevrolet SS.

I... guess? I dunno, seems like a hell of a lot of cost and work for something totally 100% unneeded. Gives some neat talking points though I guess.