Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

hedge posted:

I can't help but think of the Firebird's taillights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

grover posted:

Sadly, no. She's apparently a pop sensation in Japan- an entirely artificial animated creation with a synthesized voice. And holographically performing at sold-out concerts. And driving Toyotas. :psyduck:

It's downright creepy.

One step closer to transforming fighters...

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Ford also sells the Flex and Edge crossovers too. With those alternatives, Ford could've kept the Explorer as true truck-based SUV, but I guess the end of the Ranger doesn't help either.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Laserface posted:

theres been a leak of the interior too (photos rather than scan) which is still camo'd but has some CF inserts, stereo with aux/mp3, digital and needle speedo, and push button start (also has a blank where the ignition barrel could go, so may be a factory option?)

Are you referring to this one?

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Cream_Filling posted:

The S2k retailed for almost $10k more new than the FT. I know it was designed 10 years ago and it's a convertible, but somehow I doubt that, even as a coupe, Toyota of all people will have somehow dropped weight on a slightly larger car with a similarly sized engine. I think the chances of the FT weighing significantly less than the S2k are quite slim.

I mean look at this commparison:

Also, according to some random dude on the internet, the FT is much smaller than the Genesis Coupe, and comparing the two on anything other than price is difficult:

If anyone is interested in looking at the rest of the overlays, they can be found in this thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1834

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

I was always partial to this particular bit of speculation

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

I encountered this slightly disguised Ford today.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Hey, nice 1-series coupe.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

I heard somewhere that the proliferation of LED lighting is due to some recent EU regulations where daytime running lights are mandatory on all new cars.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I would expect not, since there's mechanical popup headlights like the Opel GT (though those almost certainly stay where they're put). I don't remember seeing that feature on an AE86 I drove either unless I was especially thick that day.

The AW11 MR2 I used to drive had a setting to keep the lights flipped up, so I'd imagine an AE86 would have the same feature.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Ford's running events in like five cities where you get to basically autocross an ST. It was pretty limited in that they specifically tell you not to shift out of second (except when starting, obviously). You start on one track to get familiar with the car - maybe 20 second laps at most, and you get two laps. Then they take you to a slightly smaller track - 30ish seconds long (the guy who designed the track was hitting 27.6, I got 30.9 on my faster lap) - where you get two more laps. From that short bit of driving, the shifter felt nice, the clutch was really easy, and the seats are really comfortable and supportive. Steering feels good, and braking is strong. The Active Sound Symposer is a nice touch and really comes out as you get on the throttle, though the car is pretty quiet from the outside (nice low exhaust note, but not terribly loud). I couldn't hear the turbo at all, which was disappointing. I went with a buddy whose last car was a e46 ZHP and he came out of it impressed, as well. I'm horribly excited for this car, and really ope the delay for the HIDs doesn't make a big difference.

Only four laps max? Do they allow walk-on attendees?

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

The backseat of a 968 is pretty terrible; the back of a 996 is roomier.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

New Accord Coupe :barf:

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

PBCrunch posted:

All I see is a bunch of monochromatic grainy cheap plastic that would be lambasted in an American vehicle. It looks like the 2007 Pontiac G6 I sat in recently.

Gauge clusters all looked like that in the early 1990s.

The interior pretty is much the same as the rental Jetta I drove a couple weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Cream_Filling posted:

Supposedly it's functional.

It's supposed to reduce drag, according to this.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2012/12/bmw4-20121206.html posted:

The Air Breather, an aerodynamically effective aperture behind the front wheels, works in tandem with the Air Curtain in the front apron to provide an effective reduction in drag around the wheels.