Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

MrSaturn posted:

New Camaro Z/28 Confirmed!

Man, I'm SUPER excited for this. I really thought we'd be seeing these on the road this year, but this gives me a bit more time to adjust to what I'm sure will be a crazy price tag. Those are some fat rear end rear tires, too! Holy crap. I wonder how well the adjustable suspension will work.

It will be interesting to see this work out as its going to pretty much have a lot that the CTS-V does currently and that starts in mid 60s.
I think people thinking this will be 40K are in for a surprise when there is no way on that.
GM would mess up Vette sells if they found a way to offer a 550HP Camaro with Magnetic Ride at a lower price than a base Vette goes for. Dont see that happening.

I also wonder which Tranny options it will be available with?
CTS-V comes with stick and lovely 6 speed Auto so maybe this will be the same.
If it comes with the same Auto tranny, Im going to be pissed when I go used car shopping for a Z28 in a few years since so many of the drat things will turn up with the auto.
Im running into that a lot now trying to track down used V2 CTS-Vs :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

DogDodger posted:

Yeah, why refer to people from the only country with America in its name as Americans? It's nothing like calling French people Europeans actually.

Anyway, TT RS is getting closer to Americans' driveways. The final hp figure is still up in the air as either 340 or 360.

Is this thing still going to be only available with DSG?
If so, that makes me sad.

(edit) I see in the article now that it says 'six-speed manual only.'
Ill wait and see if it actually shows up like that though. Hope so.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 15, 2011

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I don't think Ive ever been so excited at the prospect of being disappointed in my life.
I cant wait to see how terrible the FT-86 turns out. Everyone saying underpowered, overweight is going to be spot on.

For some reason I have a shred of hope for the Subaru version. Maybe they wont screw that version up near as bad.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

iwentdoodie posted:

That's pretty much my experience with them as well.

I'd also submit the HHR as a horrible loving vehicle of the 2000s. I've never hated a car so loving much, not even the above mentioned Aveo, while driving it.

The base HHR was not fun at all for me when I had to drive one as a rental.
I did however have a bit of fun with the Turbo HHR SS when I got to take one out for a test drive.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

In more ute news, time for some more Holden blue-balling America!

According to documents obtained by GMI, the ‘SS Sedan’ is now operating as an approved program. The program is running under the code Z2SC and is expected to launch in North America in early 2013 as a 2014 model year vehicle. GMI was able to independently confirm the time frame with Holden sources as well.

Please oh please GM let this happen.
I missed out on a chance to get a G8 GXP with a stick and now most of them for sale are either outrageously overpriced or autos.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Muffinpox posted:

I hope that makes it to production, those are some good looking lines.

I cant wait to see just how much this and the FT-86 Production versions are going to let every one down.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I just saw the instrument cluster though :staredog:

I need to see a more head on pic of the cluster. It looks like the HUD from a Vette turning into a gauge cluster.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

davebo posted:

apparently the wagon isn't coming to North America

I just knew this part was coming. God drat it.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

BoostCreep posted:

Two leaked images of the Facelifted 2013 Genesis Coupe, (the first looks to be photoshopped) and two official images "leaked" from Hyundai below those. I think it looks a thousand times better than the outgoing model. Amazing what a new bumper, headlights, and hood vents can do to a car. It is almost reminiscent of the GT-R.

I'll be looking closely at the BRZ/FRS when they come out, but I really like what I see with the GC. Autoblogger also reports rumors of a factory supercharged V6 option, which makes things even more interesting.

Please please please make it with the SC V6 and let me have it with a stick. I promised Ill buy one.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Ive owned two vettes and I dont think Ill even begin thinking of getting a third until I see some interior shots of the new beast.
If GM phoned it in on seats again, Im done.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I didnt see it happening below 50K with Magnetic Ride suspension and all the goodies.
That is still a hard cut even against the CTS-V dollar wise.

Where this gets fun is what happens with the Corvette now as the C7 draws closer. I can see a lot of people springing for the ZL1 that would normally have went with a Grand Sport. That goes for the Base vette as well as you can deck it out with options and have it up ZL1 cost while not even being close power wise any more.

Had the ZL1 existed when I was shopping vettes I would have probably ended up with one.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

mod sassinator posted:

I just saw a Hyundai Velostar at the post office today and drat it is a sexy little hatch. I wish they would offer it with the 270hp turbo engine in the Sonata though.

Velostar is on my next car list for sure as long as the turbo version actually happens.
I love the way it looks.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

The Veloster was confirmed by Hyundai USA's CEO to be getting a 1.6 turbo and will be shown at NAIAS in a few weeks.

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/detroit/2012/1112_2012_detroit_auto_show_hyundai_veloster_turbo/

I guess that works for me as it is better than nothing. 204HP should pep that thing up a bit. Now to hope they dont pull some auto only bullshit with it or something else silly.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

BonzoESC posted:

The HUD in the Camaro owns.

Wow it does directions in the HUD now? The ones Ive seen in the vettes didnt do that.
I love the HUD and seriously wish it was an option on all cars. Having it and then not having it on another car is depressing.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

dissss posted:

Are we really doing HUDs again? I thought they were a late 80s fad like digital dashboards.

I seriously hope they come back or at least the option for them does. Not having to look down to check on things is really nice.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Jay-Zeus posted:

The rumormill is churning out the possibility of reviving the G8 as a Chevy "SS" model. I am extremely interested in this and will probably pre-order one if there's a nice blue, Tremec on the LS and a decent steering wheel (G8's was ungainly and ugly). I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a auto-only AWD Impala with a turbo engine like the SHO.

But no one makes full-size sedans in the ~35-40K price range with standard transmissions so I probably can't see GM stepping outside the box.

Fake render: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/20/rendered-speculation-chevrolet-ss/

Please oh please let this actually happen.
I missed out on the chance of owning a G8 GXP with a stick.
Id pick up one of these in a heartbeat.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Ok so I just need to have some high-profile and well-respected member of Dubai society request Nissan put a six speed manual in the GT-R and then it might happen.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

davebo posted:

Look at your wrongness:

God drat I wish i could afford $70,000. That to me is pretty much the perfect vehicle. Available with stick too. Sucks there aren't very many used examples yet since I believe to get one a person has to order it. Meaning they arent just sitting around on the lots.

Maybe the ATS-V will be awesome and will end up being more in my price range. Maybe one day that will get a wagon option too. A boy can dream.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

davebo posted:

Yeah I get what it's for, but it's not really unprecedented for posts in A.I. to wish a production car was more like its purpose-built racing counterpart.

And speaking of Chevys, the Corvette plant is stopping public tours in mid-September to start making changes for the C7. I'm pretty anxious to see what it's going to look like.

Edit: vv not sure. I do know they're doing a $131 million upgrade to the plant so I doubt that happens every generation. I'd investigate on corvetteforum.com but like every non-sa forum I've seen every post takes up half my screen for one sentence and is littered with emoticons.

Seriously gently caress reading the cesspool of terrible that is corvetteforum.com

All anyone has missed thus far would be the Leaked 2014 C7 Corvette Bumper Video

Outside of that all that has been posted has been one or all of the following posts:

1)I have an inside source at GM who says they are 100% sure the C7 will have 650hp, be mid engine, and have AWD.

2)Pics of fan rendered drawings.

3)Seriously why cant the C7 be 650hp, mid engine, AWD, and also cost less?

4)I wish the C7 included _____________________________ as a standard option.

5) 3000 posts of nothing but emoticons

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Cream_Filling posted:

So, apparently Chevy is going to bring over another Zeta platform, this time as the Chevy SS. Sort of like the limited run Impala SS from the 90s, I guess.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1078531_2014-chevrolet-ss-spy-shots

First I've heard of it, but then again it's a bit early to blow the hype wad.

Ok so if this had a slick interior and comes with 6 speed stick, this is pretty much my next car.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I had planned on getting a G8 GXP but they were impossible to find as Pontiac was going down in flames.
If the SS is basically a updated G8 GXP, that works out just perfect.

What Im trying to get close to having is a 4 door vette that isnt as expensive as the CTS-V. Id look at the ZL1, but the backseat is all but worthless in that.

I had hopes for the ATS-V but if Im reading the info right from magazines, that is almost 50 thousand dollars for just the performance version of the ATS that is available now.
I cant even imagine what the -V version is going to be like price wise.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Rhyno posted:

I had no idea. It would have made the list when I was car shopping last year if there'd been any around.

I was pretty sad when I found out the GTs were auto only. I found 1 black GXP for under MSRP but it was gone before I could even think about trying to pick it up. All the ones i find now are owners that want close to or over original msrp which is insane. Its a neat car and all but thats crazy to think they are worth anywhere near that price.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

blk posted:

drat fine looking wagon, and it will probably be a better package than the TSX altnernative. Hopefully I can find a good example in 5-8 years when the little woman's ready to let go of her Civic.

Please Mazda, offer this with a stick!
And no I dont mean that bullshit you normally do where you offer a vehicle with a stick, but only on the poverty spec model.

My Mazda5 will be getting up there age wise in a couple years. This would be perfect for a replacement.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 6, 2012

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

kimbo305 posted:

250 units sounds about right:
http://jalopnik.com/5942712/volvo-is-actually-building-a-small-hot-rod-for-us-americans
If these don't sell out, I'll sneer even harder at the "I'd buy a diesel manual AWD X for sure!" types.

Im confused whats all that special about this.
Doesnt the polestar package(which is available now)bump power to 250hp 273 torque anyway?

So really the special editions are getting blue paint, mono-tube dampers, stiffer springs, and steering tweaks? poo poo, I almost forgot the option for dealer price gouging!

Kind of a let down. I still want my AWD powder blue 400hp super wagon for not a lot of money. Dont any of you wake me from my dream.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Did they ever make any improvements to the IS-F Auto Tranny?
I remember when it came out a lot of the complaints from the magazines had to do with that 8 speed transmission.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Elephanthead posted:

The platform and engine are both good, but a v6 camry is grounded to the ground.

Haha that god drat commercial.
If you go with the Camry your also going to score things guys like, like the rims and the sleekness to the body.

I really like the way the GS looks. I might have to try one out via testdrive to see if I agree with that Motortrend article

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

VERTiG0 posted:

Also I think I'm missing something with the Camry references; is that from a commercial or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRiCsZfx4k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Im sorry I doubted you GM.
Having owned both a c5 and c6 and then seeing that interior, wow Im in love.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Im waiting to see the supposedly Aston-Martin inspired redesign of the Mustang before I decide which car that I can't afford that I would get.

Im in the same boat.
I love the new corvette, but the reason I got rid of the previous vette was I just couldnt do a 2 seat car any longer.
I really hope Ford ditches the retro look. If so the next mustang might be something I seriously consider.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

They are seriously pulling the poverty-spec only in order to get a stick thing again?
Well there goes me ever getting a mazda6 :(

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Tusen Takk posted:

Today I saw a Chevy SS parked in a restaurant and oh my god is it sharp. I still prefer the Holden, but this is still very very nice :hawaaaafap:.

I really hope the initial news was wrong and this comes with a stick at some point.
I was all set to go get one of these when they came out, and auto only is just going to kill it for me.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I really doubt it will; there's low demand for sticks in general at this point, and the market buying this car will be doing so because they really want a GM product that goes well in a straight line that has a real backseat. If you don't have to stick with GM, there are other options; if you don't have to have a real backseat, there are two GM options (including one on the very same platform).

As far as the engine confusion - my money is on LS3, since while GM has relaxed the "Corvette uber alles" rule considerably in recent history, I just don't see them putting the new DI LT1 into any other model. The GenII LT1 was Corvette-only for 1992, the LS1 was Corvette-only for 1997, and the LS3 was Corvette-only in 2008. Looks like the LS2 was the only new engine that was shared outside of the Corvette during the same model year it was introduced, but it was into two other platforms that were using now-discontinued engines (LS1 in the '04 GTO, GenIII 5.3L Vortec in the SSR). They're still making the LS3 for Camaros.

drat if that is true Im going to have to pony up and get either a CTS-V used or an ATS-V when that finally comes around.
My hope was since the GXP G8 was available with a stick they would for sure do that again on the SS.
All of those drat G8 GTs running around and not a one of them non auto. :(
I wonder what this will do to the used GXP market which was at insane highs since there were so few of them.

You are right though about sticks being in low demand. I've been trying to test drive a 2.0 ATS with a stick and I've struck out in 3 states.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

PT6A posted:

I went to the Calgary Auto Show yesterday, and I have to say it was pretty uninspiring. I was impressed with the strides Cadillac has made in terms of making desirable cars, but everything else was pretty boring. I sat in the beautiful-looking Ford Fusion, and soon discovered that a lot of what makes it so attractive makes it awful on the inside. I had absolutely no visibility of where the front of the car ended, and the dash seems to go on forever. I'm also angry with Ford because the amazing seats in the Focus ST are not available as an option on the Mustang, which they should be because they're excellent.

I thought I read somewhere that the Mustang has it's own set of Recaros but they weren't that great.
I need to find a Focus ST with that option to go sit in and try them out.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I would have thought that engine news was for the ATS-V.
I wonder what they are going to throw in there now seeing as the twin turbo V6 is going into the CTS.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

XCPuff posted:

The Buick Regal and GS can be equipped with AWD now. That makes me extremely happy.

The current GS is FWD right? It would be neat if they pulled off AWD.

So will the Grand National and GNX be on alpha like the ATS?
I really hope the Grand National and GNX turn out amazing.
If the Chevy SS isnt going to be coming out with a stick, there is still hope for Buick offering it.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I really hope the next WRX and STI come with some form of better seats. Or at least the option for better seats as some package.
I was really close to picking up a 2012 STI until I test drove and EVO X for comparison reasons and fell in love with the Recaro seats.
I would have ended up with the EVO if it wasnt for the fact the local mitsu dealership was terrible and I would have needed to travel a long distance if I ever needed service.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Laserface posted:

The STI spec R has Recaro seats. It's the only thing it has over the regular STI, really. Do they not sell that model in your country?

US gets WRX STI and WRX STI Limited. To the best of my knowledge there is no Spec R.
From what I remember the seat in the WRX and the STI are the same outside of the stitching of 'WRX' and 'STI' on the tops.

The STI starts at $37600 for the limited. There is no way Im switching out seats on my own with aftermarket ones on a brand new car. I shouldnt have to either.

And yes, lots of seats have airbags in them.

SUBARU posted:

The focus on passive safety is an integral part of the Subaru offering and always will be, even for the most high-performing vehicles in the line-up. This is the reason why the Subaru WRX and WRX STI both feature a full complement of supplemental restraints, including dual-stage deployment front airbags, front seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and side-curtain airbags for front and rear outboard occupants

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Car and Driver posted:

The transmission roster will include manuals for the turbo engines and automatics across the board

Please oh please dont mess this up and pull a Chevy SS with auto only when it is all said and done.
Ive been waiting for the ATS-V and it would be awesome to be able to cross shop this with a GNX when it is available.
There can never be too many RWD turbo stick sedans available.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Has anyone messed around with Cadillac CUE?
It sounds somewhat similar. Every magazine or review I've read pointed out it was a terrible system. Car and Driver compared it to getting herpes I believe.
I would be a little upset about spending 40-50 thousand dollars on a car and having it utilize a terrible touch screen interface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

It was the 5th year of the C6 being offered before you could get the ZR1 right?
I don't see GM in any hurry to get that thing out any time soon.

If and when the ZR1 does get announced, I cant wait to read Corvette Forum and watch people FREAK OUT when the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times arent that much better than the Z06.
It was like this for the C6 version arrived and made for some good reading.
"$30,000 dollars more than a Z06 and only shaves .4 seconds off 0-60 time? I cant believe it cant do sub 2.0 seconds! It has more HPs so it must and should be faster! Thanks but no thanks Obama Motors!"