Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

decahedron
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma
From that article the V50 will still exist, yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decahedron
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma
I want the Giulietta but that will never happen.

decahedron
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma
The R20 could be neat depending on how much power you can pull out of it.

decahedron
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to buy one. Not this one, anyway.

Prices for electric cars will drop when volume blah blah you get the idea. Maybe in 15 years I can buy something with the looks and performance of a Tesla Roadster, but with better battery life and shorter charge-time, for $30k. Anything that brings that day closer is a good thing.

I'm not specifically interested in the Leaf but I do wish them best of luck for the reasons you state. Seriously, even if it's not profitable/not a great car/whatever, it's an interesting step forward. Maybe it won't pan out, maybe it will, but dudes who are like "well it ain't cost effective" are the guys that were bitching about the newfangled horseless carriage in 1900 so I'm not gonna take them seriously.

decahedron
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma
It probably takes a week to hook up. I bet it would be fun as hell.

decahedron
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma
Usually when I look at a supercharged 260HP Exige, my first thought is "NEEDS MORE POWER" because I am a child.

decahedron
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma
Since they're pretty low volume, I'd imagine that they have a contract for X thousand Toyota engines. Why would they break that contract for a (relatively) modest gain in performance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decahedron
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma
The two forty has a top speed of 150mph - how many tracks have areas that you get up to more than 150 on?