Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Double wishbone with pushrods, isn't that basically Control Blade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Sounds like someones a little bitter about getting sold to the Indians.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

oxbrain posted:

That will never be sold in the US. The best we can hope for is a 5 door hatch with "sport suspension" and maybe some seats with more bolstering.

I think the best we can hope for as a hot Fiesta would be if they shoehorned the Focus' 2.0 DI four banger in there. And even then, it'd be $20K+ to start.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

travisray2004 posted:

It's cheaper? and has a spooled option

It's a whopping $145 cheaper base GenCoupe vs. base Mustang. a base V6 GenCoupe is almost $3,000 more than a base V6 Mustang. Also, the Mustang gets better gas mileage and is faster than the 3.8 Genesis. So I don't think "cheaper" is a very good argument. It is cool you can get a turbo in it though.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Faerunner posted:

Yes, but the Civic Si beats the Mustang in looks without a second thought. And I like Honda interiors better than Ford.

Looks are subjective, looks are subjective, looks are subjective. Repeat that to yourself until you either get it or you're laying face down drooling on the carpet. Whichever comes first.

Oh, and I daily drive an '07 Civic Si. The new V6 Mustang is faster, gets better gas mileage, and has a nicer interior.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

For some reason, it really reminds me of an Edsel.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The front end is like someone stuck a Ferrari grille on a 350Z and whacked it with a crowbar for half an hour...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If Cadillac can somehow justify having a rear-wheel-drive supercharged V8 station wagon with manual transmission and automatic options, Honda sure as hell can justify a front-wheel-drive four cylinder with the same option.

Because GM is known for making intelligent business decisions...

And in fairness to Honda, look at who sells wagons these days. You've got BMW, Volvo, Audi, Subaru and who else? Mercedes doesn't sell them anymore, at least not in the US.

Near-luxury seems to be the last niche the wagon can actually survive in, so it does make sense.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Those are pictures of the 8C, they're only speculating that the 4C will look like it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Dave Inc. posted:

Don't care, when does it go in the coupe? :colbert:

Probably never.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Preoptopus posted:

Viper

Try late 60s Charger.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

If that's accurate...

Holy poo poo, this guy is exactly what Ford fans were scared Mullaly would be.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

A5H posted:

It's like a 8C hosed an elise :stare:

The front end looks like a Pontiac Solstice with an Alfa grille.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The Civic Si sedan is just under 3000lbs, and the coupe is 80lbs lighter than that.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

This is said after literally every Subaru redesign.

I'm pretty sure nobody ever said the "Flying Vagina" was boring.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

It is completely natural to assume it might be correct to get the picture of the pump to look like how you're pulling up to it in real life.

On what planet? It's ridiculous.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The SFE package is available with the hatch and sedan on the Fiesta, so I think there might be more to it than that. Though to be fair, in the Fiesta it's only a ~50lb weight difference (the sedan is heavier).

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Cream_Filling posted:

Focus SE Sedan 2907 lbs
Focus SE Hatch 2920 lbs

Eh by like 13 pounds.

It's probably more of a volume thing. Sales volume, that is. There's already four other trim levels for the sedan and three for the hatch. No need for more variants to make things more complicated.

This kinda makes sense, if it weren't for the Fiesta offering the SFE regardless of bodystyle. Honestly, I don't get it at all.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Revolvyerom posted:

Autoblog disagrees, it's the same engine as the previous gen.

Re-read what he said. The Taurus with the 2.0 EcoBoost 4 banger (not the SHO) will make more horsepower and get better mileage than any previous gen SHO. (i.e. Any SHO before the 2010)

Q_res fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 19, 2011

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110524/CARNEWS/110529913

BMW 5 GT sells like syphilis.

They made the X6 twice, and are surprised when one of them didn't sell?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I think the Genesis Coupe is a great example of why they can probably pull that off, minus the 'affordable' part.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Um, both really. The Genesis coupe isn't really expensive, but it's definitely not affordable for what you get either. So I sincerely doubt their ability to make an affordable roadster.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Hog Obituary posted:

This sounds a little too good to be true:
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/06/08/mazda-targeting-1-760-pound-target-for-next-miata-400-pounds-l/

(Next gen miata)

There's no loving way they get it under 2000 lbs. But I'm sure it'll be down in the 2200 range.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

That's a really, blatantly obvious photoshop of a Pontiac Solstice. And not even a good one at that. I do wonder what an actual Kia roadster will look like

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I was making more of a comment on them having the gall to publish it in a "newsstory". A Kia roadster almost certainly won't look even remotely like that. So what's the point of including it? In other words, internet "journalism" is pathetic

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

grover posted:

I'm still confused as to why these makers would be peak-shaving the torque curve to artificially limit power. Wouldn't MORE TORQUE be even better than an artificially low-but-flat torque curve?

Usually it's either an issue of drivetrain preservation, or drivability

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

Perhaps I'm just tired, but can you draw this for the :downs: among us?

R 2 4 6
|-|-|-|
1 3 5 7

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Motronic posted:

code:
1  3  5  7
|  |  |  |
----------
|  |  |  |
R  2  4  6

He said dogleg first, so it would be at the bottom. :colbert:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Frankly, I like Reverse being out on it's own. But that's probably a bias born from habit.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I think they were trying to make Nautica Mercury's version of Eddie Bauer, seriously.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Motronic posted:

No one wants to hear they made a multiple-thousand dollar mistake or that they aren't as much of a driving enthusiast as they think the are while posting on a forum full of enthusiasts.
Jesus Christ, you're really coming across as an elitist prick right now.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 20, 2011

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Long as none of them had an autotragic he's fine.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

A 2.0 diesel w/ 148hp should be pretty alright. My biggest hope is that this pushes Ford to release a diesel Focus and/or Fiesta in the US.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Well GM is working hard to give rational people a reason to buy a Cruze over a Focus, I'll give them that.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I daily drive an 07 Civic Si, and I couldn't agree with KYOON more. The Civic is by no means the best car in its class, especially since the 2012 cheapens up an already less than impressive interior.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Boiled Water posted:

Is it actually any different from the old one?

The car itself and the wheelbase are both noticeably longer.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

rscott posted:

10 and 2 you heathen

Not in the post-airbag world champ.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Guinness posted:

:what:

Subaru is the official car of the Pacific Northwest.

Pretty sure those are the people he means by "Colorado-tier granolas", which I'm of the impression the Pacific Northwest is basically chock full of.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yeah, I'm eyeing it as a replacement for my Si too. I may even go full on nuts and get it in Tangerine Scream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Motronic posted:

Why do we continue to get shafted on diesel availability?

In this case it's the truck not the engine. It's too big and too expensive, nice to see Australia sticking to what it knows.