Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
That poor mini looks like it was parked in detroit overnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Making it two pipes instead of four and you definitely have the new lexus rump.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Too bad it wont have the sweet blue interior like the early Taurus.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Naky posted:

I must be missing something because I don't see the point in releasing a 1.4L turbo that puts out pretty much the same numbers as the 1.8L.

Seems far too much like a marketing gimmick to appeal to the average American to me. ~~~LOOK FUEL EFFICIENCY WITH A 1.4L ENGINE BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!! IT HAS A TUUUUUURBOOOOOO!!! VROOOOM!~~~

The 1.4L is better and they should just make it standard across the line. They still dont have direct injection too iirc which is amazing the numbers they have as is.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Has anyone driven a chevy cruze eco 6 speed? I'm still at a loss what to do car wise. One part of me wants to be an idiot and buy a mustang boss 302 and the other be economical and get a cruze or go in between and get a gti update. Still might fix the 5.3L s10 blazer swap...

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

I dont get the "point" of the Veloster. Same engine and gas mileage and price as an Elantra, but with less utility? Can it even be that much quicker? I thought it was supposed to have some little turbo motor...

Handles better and possibly a reworked transmission? There might possibly be a turbo 4 one later.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
The front of that colorado is terrible. The australian one i think looked ok last I checked. The chevy one reminds me of the lady in the black hole sound music video with her lips.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

dissss posted:

I'll bet the Holden version ends up looking close to the same.

I'd drive it. Has the 3.6L v6 as an option
http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/colorado

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Cream_Filling posted:

Also having them two to a side would echo the distinctive 2+2 taillights that every Corvette has had since forever. Also just generally a row of 4 just looks goofy. At that point you might as well just stack them into a cube like Pagani does or just have two big ones or something.

What about stacks through the roof? :patriot:

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Snowdens Secret posted:

Almost nothing. It gives the numbers in the article; about $40 million, for 4000 jobs, or roughly $10k an employee, which might cover relocation expenses, maybe. The city of Plano is probably going to give some property tax breaks for the new HQ but that's about it.

I think they did it to get closer to their roots of suburbia and making bland designs for soccer moms. Maybe the toyota can be voted on by home owner associations there.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
What is the fascination of magnetic shocks? Do they handle a lot better? Track and comfort modes? Are they really expensive to fix or are they going to last forever...

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Bovril Delight posted:

This. What the gently caress?

Ford ranger 2.3L. It is so under powered and doesn't like humidity. It still happens like once a quarter (stalling).

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
You think they will make a sport version of the f150 with the v8, short bed, single cab, quicker steering ratio, and sporty lower trim? Be kinda cool to have sport trucks back again in the smaller size but a tuned v8 doing sub 5 0-60 would be hot too. Still miss the s10 and colorado zq8 packages, shame they never got the 5.3L option in a single cab.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
You think the tires or the transmission will last longer on that dodge hellcat?

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
They could probably make a unibody ranger with 1200lb bed capacity and 3000lb towing capacity and sell well. I got my 97 ranger and handles plenty for me, daily driver, and lets me keep my 350z low miiles. Never really have any problems with it and if anything goes bad the parts are all $50 or less it seems.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Has the Colorado released 4 cylinder fuel mileage yet? Curious about the stick.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Can't get 2.5L Mazda 3 without leather seats though.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
I should have said "cloth" seats instead of not leather. I live somewhere that rains a lot and is hot so the thought of leather combined with salt shadows from swamp rear end on the seats is not appealing.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

skipdogg posted:

If I had that car in that color I would have custom made color matching suede driving shoes made and wear those things every time I drove the car. And I'd be struttin' dammit.

Suede??? Snake skin or bust. Crazy it gets 20mpg. That's my four cylinder ranger at 75mph with two cats inside a paper bag of power.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Chevy 4.3L v6 is pushrod and pretty small but decent power. 285HP @ 5300rpm and 305FT/LBS @ 3900. Would go good in the Camaro over the 3.6L 323hp @ 6800rpm and 278FT/LBS @ 4800.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
It is sad how honda was once the leader in 4 cylinders and outdid everyone to now being the iron duke of modern times. You would think Honda could push out an SI with a 250hp NA or a 300HP turbo si by now.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Mr. Wiggles posted:

V8 trucks are the one area GM has never had a problem.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Bluegorilla/2008-12-05_142924_Coolant_loss_5.3.pdf

Castech made a large portion of the 4.8 to 5.3L heads upto 2006. Never again GM

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
3300lb bed capacity but you'd throw out your back lifting everything 6 feet up to get it into the bed. Thanks stupid truck design.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Didn't Tesla have revenue in the region of $2.5 billion last year, with a profit somewhere around 25%?

I'm not one to get that deep into business finance, and I'm aware that reported numbers can be tied in knots to suit whatever you want to say, but my impression was they were taking in a significantly higher amount of money than they were spending.

I see lots of red...

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3ATSLA&fstype=ii&ei=L145VJihHIebrAHP6oDYDQ

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Sinestro posted:

Yes, it is offered with that engine. But I guarantee that most of them have the VQ37VHR, a 3.7L V6 with about 300 hp. Or about the same thing you get in a V6 Impala. It's a loving boring car that happens to be RWD and offered with a good engine.

I believe they are 330hp now. This is a low 5 second 0-60 and mid 13's 1/4 mile car which is pretty impressive for what it is. I think you are thinking of the G25 as the boring one. Impala is down 20hp, weighs 200lbs more, and probably has some sloppy wishbone rear suspension.

Impala 1/4 mile 15.6 seconds
http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/road_tests/2014_chevrolet_impala

328HP G37 1/4 mile at 13.5 seconds
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0810_2008_infiniti_g37_sedan_test/

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
I like to know that everyone driving a f150 stops 27 feet slower than my car yet accelerates nearly as fast.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Powershift posted:

What exactly do you drive that stops in 100 feet flat yet can't hit 60 in 4.5 seconds?

The frs/brz takes 120 feet, the Mustang gt and scat pack challenger take 108. The 1le Camaro does it in 99 feet but has 285 section 120 Treadwear front tires

I was off on the braking. I got rear ended recently on a straight road so conscious of it now. 350z with brembos is 112ft with stock tires 60-0.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

All I can think of is this with less hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFH39T0Z0WI

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
The dodge journey is like a modern aztek, it is bad. It has stupid features that someone who would buy a minivan in 1992 would want. It is honestly the worst modern vehicle I've had as a rental.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Anyone going to the Detroit Auto Show? Is it worth going? I'm considering a weekend trip to check it out since my gf is looking at a new car in the next year or so.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Isn't the single cab f150 with the 2.7L in 2wd like 4300lbs now? It might be a lot like most truck ratings though where epa cycle says a lot more than reality where cars often do better? I know a lot of the trucks that say 22mpg highway you are lucky to ever get more than 17-18mpg combined in reality. Where a car rated at 28mpg highway will a lot of times get that combined. Who knows.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

leica posted:

Do it man.

Base models are manuals right? Can't imagine an F150 gearbox would feel all that great tho.

Of course a shift kit on a slushbox would be fun at the dragstrip too :)

lol manuals on trucks as an option

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
I kinda wish they'd make a stripper f150 single cab with upgraded brakes, suspension, and 5.0 tuned from the mustang. Would make a sick aftermarket to go with.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
I would think 310hp fwd could be doable at $30k stripped, awd they'd need 320hp to justify it being $35k. The 310 and fwd seems logical so it doesn't step on the mustangs toes.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
A manual truck usually loses a clutch from abuse, an auto is an expensive repair. Also, auto's are boring as gently caress to drive.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Minto Took posted:

Drum brakes on passenger cars are an abomination in tyool 2014.

Drum brakes are hella cheap for rears and make for a better parking break?

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

I guess the Z is one of those cars that only make sense in Japan or some other place where American cars don't exist. It's not faster than a Mustang or Camaro, it doesn't have a roundel or 3 pointed star on the hood, it's not particularly good looking, costs $35K+ and it only seats 2 people? Who is the target market for this?

I like my 350z hr but i also got it used with 16000 miles for $18k. Insurance was a lot less than a wrx and the 4.6L mustang was pretty bad mpg wise and ragged out factor at the time. The new mustang v6 is better with the gt handling/brake package now though.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Picture so big I had to upgrade my monitor to view

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
The maxima looks like that bmw x6 wagon/suv hump thing for regular people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
2005 neon with all the engine mounts failing already??? HOW!