Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dan7el posted:

Basically, I feel that the mangaka is making up for taking Teresa away from us early on. We missed out on the awesomeness of Teresa for like a bizillion chapters. Now, she's back and is better than ever. Boy, did I ever miss you, Teresa. Welcome back. You're like an angel....

SHe is not like an angel she is an angel. Pure and strong, ready to strike and win for her comrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

On one hand, Clare (supposedly the protagonist) was ultimately nothing but a Teresa delivery system. On the other hand, Clare was never all that interesting and Teresa rocks, so who cares?

I like Clare :(.

I think Teresa is eventually going to lose and Clare is going to have to step in... somehow.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Maybe, but maybe the dual goddesses Teresa and Clare works out that Clare already "saved" Teresa by giving her a single thing to give a shot about.

That's more than a bit too shonen for this series though sooo we'll see.

JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.

Thoren posted:

I think Teresa is eventually going to lose and Clare is going to have to step in... somehow.

They've already established that some warriors are soul posts for warriors. I can see them using Clare as Teresa's soul peg.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Thoren posted:

I would hope not, given how they've established multiple times that Teresa is straight up way stronger than anyone else, even Priscilla. Not to mention it would be a bit ridiculous if Priscilla pulled out yet another power boost/transformation.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Genocyber posted:

I would hope not, given how they've established multiple times that Teresa is straight up way stronger than anyone else, even Priscilla. Not to mention it would be a bit ridiculous if Priscilla pulled out yet another power boost/transformation.

Teresa undergoes a second awakening and becomes a Teresa and Claire shaped awakened being. The power of love and angels wipes out Priscilla and breaks reality, leading into the opening of Legend of an Angel(Angel Densetsu)

Thoren
May 28, 2008
New chapter is up on https://www.mangastream.com

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Haha, what a ridiculous fight. Not only did she combine other Claymore powers that Clare apparently Mega Manned but she did so with Teresa's power output making them even better.

I guess next chapter is the end?? Been a good run, all told.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Hard to believe this is all finally coming to an end. Can't say I haven't enjoyed it though

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I hope you're paying attention Kishimoto! :argh: This is one way to end a story in good fashion.

I liked it as an ending. I liked the mega manning, I liked Priscillas redemption and I liked the shout out to Irene. In a series where no one gets a happy ending seeing her get the rest she wanted is just nice.
Also Teresa :black101:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was the perfect way to end it. Literally chopped into dust. :black101:

Jimlad
Jan 8, 2005
What are you guys talking about, "the end"? Obviously they're going to find a way onto the mainland and continue the battle there against the shadowy organisation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jimlad posted:

What are you guys talking about, "the end"? Obviously they're going to find a way onto the mainland and continue the battle there against the shadowy organisation.

No one really seems too inclined to do that. Living peacefully and sealing their youki so that they don't awaken would be a happy ending. They've even got a city which is all 'woo, claymores rock' nearby.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Yeah, I'd be entirely fine with it ending here. This isn't really a shonen adventure like Hunter X Hunter, One Piece or Toriko where they just go on and sail to the next adventure continent.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jimlad posted:

because of this too:

quote:

The October issue of Shuiesha's Jump Square magazine is announcing on Thursday that the "grand finale" of Norihiro Yagi's Claymore manga series will appear in the following issue on October 4.

The fantasy adventure manga, which follows a half-human woman who hunts shape-shifting yōma creatures in a medieval land, launched in 2001. Jump Square had listed the series as ending in 2012, but later confirmed that was a misprint.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-31/claymore-manga-to-publish-grand-finale-in-october/.78220

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

So that's only one more issue? :smith:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

"Humans? They look like humans to you?"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Jackard posted:

"Humans? They look like humans to you?"

As far as Awakened Ones go, yes. Most are animals or demons or ribbons(in Riful's case).

Also,

Postal Parcel posted:

Teresa undergoes a second awakening and becomes a Teresa and Claire shaped awakened being. The power of love and angels wipes out Priscilla and breaks reality, leading into the opening of Legend of an Angel(Angel Densetsu)

I knew he wouldn't pass it up

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So what are the chances or getting another anime season now that the manga has concluded? Granted the last two anime episodes would have to be completely redone as there would be no way to reconcile how the anime ends with how the manga continues.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

MH Knights posted:

So what are the chances or getting another anime season now that the manga has concluded? Granted the last two anime episodes would have to be completely redone as there would be no way to reconcile how the anime ends with how the manga continues.

I would be down for a Claymore Ultimate, myself. I like the anime plenty but trying to reconcile the anime ending with the time skip could come off awkwardly. Also maybe then they could fix their weird mouths.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They had the perfect shot for an ending back then, as they could have lined up the last episode with chapter 67 (Miria's group decides to leave the North). Would have been perfect as both a means to wrap up the arcs in the anime and leave with a great sequel hook.

Postal Parcel posted:

As far as Awakened Ones go, yes. Most are animals or demons or ribbons(in Riful's case).
Someone needs to play Silent Hill.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

They had the perfect shot for an ending back then, as they could have lined up the last episode with chapter 67 (Miria's group decides to leave the North). Would have been perfect as both a means to wrap up the arcs in the anime and leave with a great sequel hook.
Someone needs to play Silent Hill.

Having Priscilla be beaten by semi-awakened Clare is even more silly in hindsight.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Postal Parcel posted:

"Don't worry. It's just a reference!"

Galatea has a sort of truesight going on, where she can only sense their EXTREME POWER LEVELS and not the outward appearance. "They look human" would probably sound ridiculous.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Galatea has always been one of the best characters. I'm glad she didn't kick the bucket.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Thoren posted:

Galatea has always been one of the best characters. I'm glad she didn't kick the bucket.
For one thing, you can always recognize her.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

How did she end up losing her eyes again? It's been so long since I started reading this

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
IIRC she deliberately gouged them out herself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

lil baby anime posted:

How did she end up losing her eyes again? It's been so long since I started reading this

Claymores can be identified by the color of their eyes so she blinded herself so she couldn't be found.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

For one thing, you can always recognize her.

That is an excellent point. I can probably remember about a dozen claymores off the top of my head, mostly the ones with unique abilities like dust-eater and such.

The rest are just a blur.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I can only recognize a couple. The one with the big X-scar on her face and the one whose name starts with "D". Also, I sometimes am not sure if it's Clare or not. Roki is fairly recognizable, for the most part.

Part of the problem is the fact we only get new issues once a month. The other part of the problem is that I hardly think it matters if we recognize them or not. Some claymore lost an arm and some other claymore regenerated it. Now, they're both in battle again with some crazy ex-claymore-turned-monster. Oh, and there's Clare and Roki!

Still, I have enjoyed this manga a lot. I will be glad to see it coming to a final conclusion after like 13-years, but sad to see it gone forever. I'm looking forward to next month's finale.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
How could you forget the name of Phantom Miria?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So it ends without Clare ever really being relevant to anything. She was just the vehicle Teresa rode to the final battle. Everything Clare experienced was only to make Teresa stronger, not herself. Oh well!

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

So it ends without Clare ever really being relevant to anything. She was just the vehicle Teresa rode to the final battle. Everything Clare experienced was only to make Teresa stronger, not herself. Oh well!

Clare killed Priscilla with Raki. The stuff Theresa killed was just a fragment that believed it was Priscilla.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Claire and Raki won, everything after that was just so we could see some DBZ fighting

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Postal Parcel posted:

I want to see fan art of Teresa defeating Priscilla with a double palm strike.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Claymore Last Scene

Flower fields bursting forth, Clare's snot smile, all those fan theories about Ilena were right, oh god it was cheesy. But in a good way I think?? Thanks Claymore it was a fun run.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Everything ended happy and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way :allears:

I'm glad they are just not giving a poo poo about the mainland. They had no business there and this was wrapped up in a really nice way.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I'm behind in the series and just read the last couple chapters, am I correct in assuming they never resolved the larger overarching plot wrt the dragon people humanity was at war with in the first place, thus the necessity of the creation of the yoma hybrids

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Relin posted:

I'm behind in the series and just read the last couple chapters, am I correct in assuming they never resolved the larger overarching plot wrt the dragon people humanity was at war with in the first place, thus the necessity of the creation of the yoma hybrids

They resolved it by telling evil black hat guy "Go back to where you're from and say everyone here died and you failed, or we'll hunt you down and murder you."

The story was never about the dragon people or humanity's war with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It also wasn't a war between humans and dragons, but rather humans on both sides with one side having dragons as allies. The Claymores would be foolish to intentionally involve themselves.

• Locked thread