Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Were all those random identical Claymores supposed to be hallucinations or are they really just a bunch of faceless identical drones? Also who was that girl? I've reread the series once but that was a while ago and I still don't remember who she is. I had it all straight before this stupid loving time skip. The chapters are all short and I don't know what's going on and I feel like a cranky old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Miria was my favorite character and the only one I could tell apart from the others :(

Kerris
Jul 12, 2006
Don't you fucking dare compliment a woman's voice on the forums, you fucking creepy stalker.

Slowpoke! posted:

Miria was my favorite character and the only one I could tell apart from the others :(
Me too. :( What bullshit. :smith:

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

So, which arc should I read again to find out who Hilda is?
I can't seem to remember her.

EDIT: vvv Oh, right - she was that one. Thanks.
Well, that makes the last scene all the more :smith: for me.

Sue fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 4, 2010

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Claymore_characters#Hilda

quote:

Hilda was formerly number 6 of the Organization. She was active at the same time as Miria and they were close friends. When she reached her limit, she gave her black card to Ophelia asking her to pass it on to Miria. Ophelia instead ripped it apart, condemning her to become an Awakened Being. She was later hunted down by a team including Ophelia and Miria. Hilda was slain by Miria, who at that time didn't realize her identity. After Miria realized it was Hilda she had just killed, she temporarily lost control of her Yoki powers which led her to partially Awaken.

I remember her now :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Edge Zero posted:

Were all those random identical Claymores supposed to be hallucinations or are they really just a bunch of faceless identical drones? Also who was that girl? I've reread the series once but that was a while ago and I still don't remember who she is. I had it all straight before this stupid loving time skip. The chapters are all short and I don't know what's going on and I feel like a cranky old man.

Those claymores at the end were the people Miria defeated without killing when she entered the base a couple chapters ago.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've defended the series for quite a while now, but sleeping on this chapter over night, I really don't like this development. It feels like such a waste of so many potential good storylines, ending it like that.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
It doesn't make identification any easier when most of the girls have very different appearances when they start to release youki, even when it's not a fully-body complete release.

As far as this chapter goes... I honestly don't even recall who anyone is there except the guy in the trenchcoat. I'm not really sure how to tell half the cast apart, much less capable of identifying them. I do like the flow of fights, but that's all I actually read for. What does this girl's death cut off as far as possible storylines?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ZeeToo posted:

As far as this chapter goes... I honestly don't even recall who anyone is there except the guy in the trenchcoat. I'm not really sure how to tell half the cast apart, much less capable of identifying them. I do like the flow of fights, but that's all I actually read for. What does this girl's death cut off as far as possible storylines?
For me at least I liked Miria's character quite a bit. This seems far too early and too weak of a way for her to go out.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

ZeeToo posted:

What does this girl's death cut off as far as possible storylines?

She is the second most important protagonist in the series next to Clair. She is the leader of the surviving Claymores that Clair fought with and the driving force for overthrowing the organization. Clair has her own objective, but everyone else is following Miria's lead. If she is actually dead, then that entire side of the plot dies with her and we move on to whatever the gently caress it is Clair wants to do (kill Priscilla and find that boy I guess).

Considering how much development Miria's plot had ending it like this would make it seem rather unresolved.

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 4, 2010

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Nice job bringing her back after god knows how long last chapter, and then killing her off in this one. Unless Yagi pulls something else out of his rear end and she lives, but I doubt that.
Helen's the only one left that I really like, she better live :(

I tell the characters apart by the hairstyles, and sometimes the facial structure. They're different enough that I can at least keep track of the more important ones.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well, Helen and Galatea are still around, hopefully one of them makes it through to the end alive so one of the characters I like doesn't die a stupid pointless death.

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light
I keep trying to figure out what to post in regard to this chapter but the best I can come up with is WHAT THE gently caress, YAGI. What are you thinking? What the hell was all that time spent on if you were just going to end it like this.

And I can't even tell what would be worse; if he left it like this or pulled some Kubo-level asspull next week to fix things.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Roflfox posted:

I keep trying to figure out what to post in regard to this chapter but the best I can come up with is WHAT THE gently caress, YAGI. What are you thinking? What the hell was all that time spent on if you were just going to end it like this.

And I can't even tell what would be worse; if he left it like this or pulled some Kubo-level asspull next week to fix things.

I'm going to laugh when it turns out the #10 is just tricking everyone and Miria escaped

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

New chapter's out

Man this monthly format is really messing with my ability to follow the plot. Did the Clare/Priscilla thing ever get resolved? Are we constantly on a cliffhanger for that? I am totally uninterested in these generic Claymores and only mildly interested in Miria. Maybe Galatea too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was a strange final panel. Who said that? How were they sure?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

That was a strange final panel. Who said that? How were they sure?

I don't think that was anyone specifically saying that. It's just a general hope the three other than Galatea have.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There is no reference of time any more and it's really confusing the poo poo out of me. Plus how the gently caress did they get Awakened Beings to smash up a city? The entire point of the island was to figure out how to control Awakened Beings since they just smash anyone and anything on sight since they can't be reasoned with.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

YouTuber posted:

There is no reference of time any more and it's really confusing the poo poo out of me. Plus how the gently caress did they get Awakened Beings to smash up a city? The entire point of the island was to figure out how to control Awakened Beings since they just smash anyone and anything on sight since they can't be reasoned with.

They probably have some sort of Youma bait or somthing.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

GoatLord posted:

They probably have some sort of Youma bait or somthing.

Yeah, it's called people.

Buster
Sep 1, 2009
I added Claymore to the ADTRWiki. Be sure to add any information and your opinions there.

wutz
Oct 23, 2010

claymore 109 at somemanga
claymore 109 at mangastream

wutz fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 1, 2010

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, the most obvious resolution to this would be having them rescue Raki and possibly Miria. Raki would then fulfill his primary pre-timeskip role and shout "Clare-san!" over and over until Clare comes out of her weird cocoon with a powerup. Raki being there might even temporarily resolve the problem with Priscilla. No telling if things will actually be that straightforward, naturally.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well, I guess if Miria isn't dead then this manga is still worth reading. Kind of confused about what they're going to do with the Claireblob.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
It actually felt like the plot moved a bit this chapter. I wouldn't be surprised if what Serious Frolicking wrote happens, though it could also be horribly not that straightforward and we could go a year before returning to Clareblob. Wouldn't mind if Miria was alive, but it feels like a bit of a cop-out if she is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

KariOhki posted:

It actually felt like the plot moved a bit this chapter. I wouldn't be surprised if what Serious Frolicking wrote happens, though it could also be horribly not that straightforward and we could go a year before returning to Clareblob. Wouldn't mind if Miria was alive, but it feels like a bit of a cop-out if she is.
I would forgive it because that was a pretty lame death, seriously. It doesn't absolve the problems it introduced but still, I think it's something that could allow the manga to recover a bit.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
So let's guess what's up with Raki.

I think it's obvious: what do we know can resist the Assimilation Spears? Something with even stronger youki than the Twin Tower of Power. Which pretty much means....Priscilla. Raki has something from Priscilla (whatever it is that gives Claymores their power) stuck in his back the way Teresa had something stuck in her stomach area, and that's what the Organization guy was reacting to. In other words, he's turned himself into a male claymore.

EDIT: Well, I guess there's a hole in that theory since he doesn't show the obvious physical signs (other than being able sword things to death that usually only claymores can). On the other hand, the brown-haired claymore shows that that's not a hard and fast rule. Maybe he's just really weak.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 1, 2010

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So I just finished watching Claymore on netflix streaming. I know the anime and manga kind of split at a certain point, so if I want to pick up the story in the manga which chapter would I need to start on?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Bare minimum I would start with the "The Battle of the North", which starts at chapter 50.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

BexGu posted:

So I just finished watching Claymore on netflix streaming. I know the anime and manga kind of split at a certain point, so if I want to pick up the story in the manga which chapter would I need to start on?

And try to forget the last few episodes.

The anime was very faithful in my opinion, right up until it split plots.

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008
So that was Raki hanging there, right? Looked a lot like Isley. A CONNECTION?!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Meningism posted:

So that was Raki hanging there, right? Looked a lot like Isley. A CONNECTION?!

Yes, because Raki's anus is now shaped like Isley's cock. All the dudes in black are just going in and laughing about how nasty that gaping rear end in a top hat is. The spikes didn't turn him because of all his experience with being penetrated.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Claymore 110

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Wow, a whole lot happened this chapter. Potential resurrected number 1's (with awesome names), an explanation for why Raki didn't turn, roving parasite carriers, and a new character who actually has a distinctive hairstyle. But really, that's great. Raki didn't tame Priscilla and he is not special in any way.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well at least I was half right!

Also drat all those names are cool.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I would just like to point out how many times this thread title delivers.

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

and a new character who actually has a distinctive hairstyle.

Came here to say this. Thank god.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
Are people really still complaining about telling characters apart after a hundred chapters? It's one thing to forget who someone actually is, but the author should get some sort of hairstylist award for making dozens of identical women immediately recognizable using nothing more than the tops of their heads.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like I'm the exception but I never had trouble distinguishing any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.
I think the point is that the author made some (a lot of) effort in the hair. Look at the the intricate curls! We're looking at a lead or he's setting up a soul-crushing death. But the possibility of a Teresa ghola is making me giddy.

Claymore is awesome again.

• Locked thread